Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

That fight went about 45 seconds too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys, Lomachenko v Crawford, ignoring size difference, who wins?

Screw GGG-Canelo, now THIS is the super-fight I want to see

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

great, Adelaide Byrd

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Forceholy posted:

I like how you can hear a bunch of thirsty women cheer whenever Canelo lands a flurry.

Is Canelo's mom praying over him during the fight?

nothing will ever beat the images of Dionesia Pacquiao praying for her son:

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 7, 2017

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Julio Cesar Fraudvez Jr

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

now Julio can go and drink all the Tecate and eat all the sopes he wants to

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

please, Canelo vs GGG Big Drama Show, be somewhere that I can afford to go to, because I WILL want to see this fight and buy this shirt
https://twitter.com/DuranSports/status/523644253889503232

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

Lol that the Dirrells got involved another post fight DQ brawl.

And apparently Ray Beltran is (essentially) fighting for his green card
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2017/05/16/ray-beltran-lightweight-mexico-jonathan-maicelo-madison-square-garden/101746412/

EDIT: Hell of a touch by Beltran. Take that green card to Trump Tower and wave it in Trump's (security detail) face my friend.

https://twitter.com/theustance/status/866090810445582336

:dogbutton:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So Mayweather-McGregor is actually happening: Aug 26 at T-Mobile, 12 rounds at 154 lbs, full USADA drugs testing, and Money opened at -1100 at the Superbook.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Reminder that Crawford-Indongo is both tomorrow and on ESPN

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

thehappyprince posted:

as long as the golovkin fight happens i don't care from here on. heard a rumour that canelo hurt his hand but that seems to have been bullshit thank god

he got it from punching a beehive in a Tecate advert

also Crawford-Indongo from of all places Lincoln, NE is going live in a bit, which means we bump the ESPN thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825553&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm just gonna repost what I had in the fight thread

Troy Queef posted:

for a long time the judge that scored Antuofermo-Hagler I (another contentious draw) in favor of Marvelous Marvin printed up business cards with the tagline "I Got Antuofermo-Hagler Right", and I bet Dave Moretti is calling up Vistaprint to make similar cards after tonight

sadly between now and the rematch we won't have a fight as incredibly insane and British as Hagler-Minter, which is still one of my favorite fights

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Hey, so I started volunteering for Big Brothers and my little bro likes boxing. I've never been like a regular watcher though I like just watching random old fights on youtube and stuff. Is there any online resource (free is great but cheap is fine) where I can just watch shitloads of reasonably current boxing? Any particular fighters I should learn about ASAP? I don't wanna be an impostor or anything but I'd like to not be clueless if he talks about it.

Educate him on the glory that is Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Read up on the background to his fight with Alan Minter and thank me later.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bud Crawford's going old-school with his gloves for the Horn fight: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/03/gloves-with-no-foam-padding-to-be-used-in-jeff-horns-fight-with-terence-crawford

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hearing GGG's theme music come up still gets me going even though this fight is a bit of let down compared to the other fights we could have.

honestly if he used the original White Stripes version and not a lovely cover I'd like him more

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this is a really good style matchup, especially after GRJ almost punched himself out

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ian "Ullo John, Gotta New Motor?" Lewis is the ref, which means this should be fun

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chickenson's sprung a leak

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Why don't we like Stevenson? I mean I'm already standing for Jack so w/e

this is a Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev fans thread

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsEdTF4D0s

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

yeah, a draw isn't too bad a decision there considering Adonis banked a good few rounds early

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it was a good fight.

also, in slightly funnier news: Manny Pacquiao's trainer for the Matthyse fight is...

...just read the mitts.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

yeah, between rugby and boxing ESPN+ is worth it for me.

also on regular ESPN now is Regis Prograis if you're wanting to watch a good fighter

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Just saw Prograis replace all of a man's organs with boxing glove shaped holes while the ref and his corner just watched

that ref, of course, was Laurence Cole

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I'm personally a big fan of the ring having sponsorship for Manny's own cryptocurrency (and a Bitcoin exchange), in addition to San Mig Beer and other actual things

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

Not quite as weird as these ring card girls wearing ball gown dresses though

Malaysia is v v Muslim so it's probably a smart thing to do

also, hearing the ESPN commentators poo poo on having 4 dozen belts and Manny relying too much on his hangers-on is refreshing

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lucas wearing a Falklands War shirt is a top-tier move

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Lucas is shot. Hopefully MP earned enough to pay off his tax debt.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

Now that Pacquiao has a welterweight belt again we can finally get the fight we all want

Pacquiao-Cotto 2 in Abu Dhabi

well considering how much Duterte and Pac like each other it'll probably be somewhere more oppressive.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Good to see Beterbiev out, his career has been a travesty of inactivity so far. 175 is a hot division now, and he could make some noise.

Miller weighed over 300 pounds in his last fight, and now he's turned down an IBF eliminator with Kubrat Pulev to fight a 41 year old irrelevant formerly retired former lightheavyweight in Tomasz Adamek. Smh.

It’s a fight that sells tickets, nothing more.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Brian Limond summa up my view of this fight
https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/1033075457602805765?s=21

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ozymandius1024 posted:

I'm just going to pay the 20 and see it at the theater

that's likely my plan, that or go to a nearby Dave and Buster's after I'm done refereeing hockey as they're screening it

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i'm just going to miss the good production values, 24/7, and of course OKAY JIM!. hopefully we'll get a few more Legendary Nights docs out of it--the last one was the one about the Ward-Gatti trilogy--as a way to draw the curtain.

but yeah, HBO for a long time now (even more since the AT&T buyout) has been more about Prestige TV® series than anything. they want to create the next GoT/Westworld, plus have that big new LeBron James production deal.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

cebrail posted:

I'm not sure if anyone outside of Germany remembers him, but former super middleweight and light heavyweight world champion Graciano Rocchigiani was killed in a car accident in Sicily yesterday. His second fight against Henry Maske is the first fight I remember watching and one of the most watched fights in German TV history.

https://fightnews.com/graciano-rocchigiani-killed-in-car-accident/31291

If memory serves he was the guy whose lawsuit drat near killed the WBC.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

Jesus Christ it's loud in there. Now that's a crowd.

Bud's insistence on fighting in Nebraska is something I like about him

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

raton posted:

I think Crawford had a lot of challenges to overcome there, Benavidez did much better than expected but could have made this very close if he had found more output and was more insistent with just keeping the jab and straight right in Crawford's face

Crawford has a lot of monsters ahead of him to work through in this division

Spence

Garcia

Those are gonna be loving monster fights if they happen

Spence is a TGB (previously Goossen-Tutor) fighter and given that Andre Ward (who was G-T all through this career) is now allied with TR/ESPN I think that match will happen sooner rather than later.

Which is a good thing.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm from the UK and I loving hate fury and I've basically started watching boxing in the hope I get to see him get knocked out.

I can't stand how the media constantly talks about how a homophobic drug cheat is the 'peoples champion'

(It’s because he’s white, or at least white enough)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1068286002941300736?s=21

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/frankwarren_tv/status/1068622896518578176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hexwren posted:

I am legit sad we're losing HBO, that was how I first saw boxing (well, that and CBS, but that was way back in the day).

With any luck, DAZN will pick up Lampley, or possibly ESPN.

That said,

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/first-take-host-max-kellerman-signs-new-deal-espn-1167766

Kellerman is going to host the broadcast booth team, not ringside, for ESPN's fights, which means he's probably going to be in there with Stephen A. Smith, and I am just loving tired of SAS, and Kellerman is probably going to say some poo poo that gets him yelling like on worst first take, and it's going to be terrible.

ESPN wants to bring the First Take "magic" to boxing with Max and SAS, and if so hopefully they can bring Dan/Stu/the Shipping Container to cut in whenever SAS says something stupid to give their own opinions.

also drat, that HBO montage. HARD RIGHT HAND to the feels, as the kids say.