Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The SituAsian posted:

Regardless of how one may feel about the latter stages of his career and (especially) his past you'd have to be pretty heartless to be one of those "lol the pimp deserved it" types. Hopefully he makes it through and can live the rest of his life as fully as possible.

I've been thinking about that today. I don't mean to suggest that he deserves it, but this might be an outcome of his ducking habits - he ended up in a fight that he would have lost 3 years ago, and has to face it 3 years older. I.e. the ducking creates a reverse-sandbag effect. That's how dudes get hurt. Had he just lost his belt instead of ducking, he would have been fighting a guy closer to his current level last night.

Anyway, he's in the ICU, and a trip to the ICU is pretty much always quality-of-life altering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are there any sites like fightmetric for boxing? I'd really love to see a round-by-round breakdown of the fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Stevenson update - doesn't say much that the BBC link above doesn't, but it specifies that the coma he's in is medically-induced, and the doctors seem optimistic:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/adonis-stevenson-quebec-city-1.4929317