Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is hard to watch honestly.

Pretty excited about tonight tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have fun doing irreparable harm to your leg just to prove a point

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Danny Garcia: The DJ Khaled of boxing

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if Danny Garcia just goes on endlessly beating solid opponents convincingly for the rest of his career and retires as the consensus best ever

lol

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool mask dude

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a great opening round for a hype fight like this

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GGG-Jacobs is getting an online PPV stream. I would consider doing this.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doing my part and shelling out the $65 for the first time in a while. Gennady deserves it.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jr. is one of those bad guys in boxing who I could never really bring myself to dislike all that much. He's a goofball and he doesn't take the sport seriously, but I think I understand the plight of a boy living in the shadow of his legendary father. That said I don't care about him too much either, and was way more interested in and excited for his fight with Maravilla. I do think it's probably Canelo's most interesting fight to date, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get seriously tested. I hope jr's weight issues don't create a problem

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ninth Layer posted:

Also from what I hear Kovalev has a guaranteed purse of $0 and all his money will be made from PPV and ticket revenue.

Woof. No wonder he's been in such a lovely mood.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yesssssssssssssssss

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The SituAsian posted:

Lost in all this madness is that Wilder-Ortiz is official until Ortiz's urine gives the tester radiation poisoning.

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/909885112854155267

this + Loma/Rigo seems too good to be true. One will get canned and the other will end with a bad ref stoppage because boxing is the sport that forever disappoints.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be wildly irresponsible to allow this fight to go on, but gently caress it. Trump is president. Up is down. Let that poo poo happen

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ugh.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bigger younger guy by split decision

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bud Crawford's arrival at welterweight is going to be meteoric.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mike- posted:

So you think it’s more likely to be fixed for canelo if it’s on may fifth??

Given that boxing never fails to demonstrate how fundamentally idiotic and corrupt it is, I don't see why this is such a ridiculous thing to think. What better proof than the first fight do you need that literally anything can happen in boxing regardless of objective reality?

doctor thodt fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 3, 2018

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The SituAsian posted:

I think he was more arguing that there's no reason to suspect that there's a greater chance of their being foul play (or more likely just bad/biased scoring) because it's on Cinco De Mayo rather than another day.

Which I honestly don't think is even necessary. Maybe Triple g has one last great night in him but I just have a feeling that he's past it and Canelo, having gone the 12 rounds already, is going to make and be able to execute the gameplan and actually pull off a legit win.

Cinco de Mayo = Canelo-friendly crowd = potential for judges to be influenced by the energy in the arena. Boxing.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Canelo fights twice a year, once on cinco de mayo and once on mexican independence day

I don't really think thats going to influence anything more than its already going to be influenced.

I mean, that's kinda my point. Don't tell me that's unintentional or can't influence decisions in both tangible and intangible ways. Anyway, I'm glad they're fighting again, but I do see GGG on the decline and wonder whether he's got enough killer instinct in him for one last KO. I wouldn't be sad to see him retire if he ends this fight early. Any time I think about Sergio's last couple of fights after JCC Jr, I get pretty sad.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

TBH I don't really think Thurman beats Spence, I'm just like Thurman and am sick of seeing people poo poo on him online since his activity stopped and thought it would be fun to post "Thurman beats him" with no explanation.

Spence is the truth, and while I think people underestimate Thurman, Spence is clearly the best guy in the division.

Bud Crawford might have something to say about that next year.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird that Pacquiao is fighting Matthysse tonight and nobody really cares, myself included

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh good, Rodrigo "your ambassador is a gay son of a bitch" Duterte is there, in case anyone forgot what a weirdo scumbag Pac has become.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody please get Leo Santa Cruz a booster seat

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eat poo poo Kovalev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The SituAsian posted:

Hadn't heard anything about Wilder-Fury lately so I was beginning to get worried but it looks like it might be coming good on December 1 in LA instead of Vegas and the undercard could be crazy good

https://twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/1042843848538435585?s=20

This could be $100 and I'd still happily buy it.