Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I didn't like the idea of ITV ppv but if it means more of these top notch HD streams then I'm all for it tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

You can tell boxing's in one of it's lull periods when one (disputed) win of note in the best part of 4 years and people are putting you as number 1 p4p

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I might be the only person in the world watching this Breazeale - Ugonoh fight but it's pretty good; two big (bad) heavies swinging at each other like flyweights

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

That was good too. I don't know why I'm staying awake for this Typical Wilder Walkover fight but it's turned out better than expected

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's a completely worthless fight but the casuals will lap it up, it'll do good numbers

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The SituAsian posted:

Brook-Spence will be on ppv in the uk im assuming?

Probably, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't though. It's not long after Joshua v Wlad, and Brook isn't a big seller like Haye or Joshua, and especially not when he's fighting someone largely unknown. If they've got any sense they won't, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wow, an interview with George Groves, top notch pay per view experience

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Please don't make me regret not doing the Bellew to be knocked out within 60 seconds bet

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looks like Haye's just gone for building some hurtin bombs

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Vintage Bellew, does gently caress all and then mouths off

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bellew is going to be unbearable after this

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bellew is literally less use than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I missed 40 minutes of First Blood on ITV for that

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

by the metric of 'entertaining for whatever reason' garcia / thurman has a lot to live up to. i still can't believe what i saw.

By the metric of people who somehow keep winning despite all evidence to the contrary I'm putting the house on Garcia

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Is it? I wasn't gonna stay up but if it's 3am I might do

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I've suddenly got a feeling that this fight will be boring

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Thurman :swoon:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

So far this looks like a bad prediction.

I hope so boy, I've stayed up and carried on drinking for it

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I've not been scoring but this seems like one of those that can swing wildly either way depending what you're looking at

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He's certainly running from something

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I should've gone to bed

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

meat CRime posted:

Not sure about a split decision, but at least the right guy won. Get in One Time

I'd have no complaints if Garcia got that decision, Thurman hosed up there, it was a close fight

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Canelo being lineal middleweight champion is all Sergio Martinez's fault for not taking his beating off Golovkin like a man and fighting Cotto instead, which also started this trend of middleweight champions who don't actually want to be middleweights

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I think it's that magic time of year when US clocks have gone forward and ours haven't so we'll get it an hour earlier than usual. I wasn't gonna stay up but it turns out you get boxnation with BT Sport these days. You'd think they'd advertise this sort of thing, probably why boxnation is going down the shitter

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

You can be as disappointed as you like, you shouldn't be surprised though where Ward is concerned

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Not sure why the Linares/Crolla rematch is happening but it should be good so whatever. If you were to build the perfect boxer you'd end up with something like Linares, he just inexplicably folds sometimes, out of nowhere.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bellow must have had money on the stoppage in that one for all he was going on about the corner should be pulling him out. He lost but it wasn't a one sided beat down or anything.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Linares v Garcia is a good fight which might actually happen, hooray

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Cunningham/Lebedev/Huck/Hernandez etc had some great fights with each other. Can't please anyone these days.

Anyway you're forgetting the Man of the divsion, The Emeritus Champion Himself, Tony Bellew.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Reflexes? It's Wladimir Klitschko mate not Pernell Whitaker. The Fury fight was identical to every fight he's fought for the past 10 years, it just didn't work against someone a bit bigger and with a better gameplan than the puddings he'd got used to walking over. Incidentally I think he's got great odds for this.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Just because he lost one doesn't mean he's "utter shite" all of a sudden either. If Joshua wins it's legit.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Quite a bit of hype is an understatement for that one, it was a huge fight. And then, as always with Haye, he saw the most disappointing route and committed fully to it.

I'd love it if Wlad just went out there guns blazing like he used to before Steward came along. There are plenty of rumours about Joshua being able to take a punch. He's probably got so used to friendly refs ignoring his bullshit that he can't compute anything else anymore though.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Awful fights too

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

They never sell as many tickets as they claim, they all get snapped up by touts and go straight onto stubhub, it's a real racket. Saying that you'd expect it to fill up far more than it is at the moment by the main event

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wlad still p4p best entrance music tho

e: even if they did gently caress up the audio

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 29, 2017

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hey bonus, my stream has switched to showtime, don't have to listen to the Sky clowns now

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wlad isn't getting a decision away from home fighting like he is

Amazing if it goes 12 though

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

lol he really was Frank Bruno the second all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Joshua is absolutely hosed