Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Stop talking and smiling and throw a punch or two you silly fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Credit to both of them actually. I had flashbacks to Bruno with Joshua and flashbacks to Corrie Sanders when Wlad was on the floor, but they've both showed MENTAL FORTITUDE as Paulie says

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

fuuuuuuucking hell

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

What a fight

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

The heavy weight division is back baby. Who does Joshua fight next, Ortiz?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

here comes the trained interview

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Joshua would be favourite but Wilder has ridiculous one punch power, more than even Joshua probably, and more of a boxing brain than he gets credit for, so no one would be making any firm predictions on it

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

If you want to know the difference between Wladimir and Vitali, compare that with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dExzikyUkhQ

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Both would knock out 90% of heavyweights, Vitali took it

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Huh https://youtu.be/alzu9t1CmRM?t=1410. It didn't just not knock him out, he took it like another day at the office. Of all things I didn't think I'd be having to overly justify Vitali having a better chin than Wlad.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

doctor thodt posted:

Jr. is one of those bad guys in boxing who I could never really bring myself to dislike all that much. He's a goofball and he doesn't take the sport seriously, but I think I understand the plight of a boy living in the shadow of his legendary father. That said I don't care about him too much either, and was way more interested in and excited for his fight with Maravilla. I do think it's probably Canelo's most interesting fight to date, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get seriously tested. I hope jr's weight issues don't create a problem

Really?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I mean maybe I've missed the memo here lads but this fight is a joke

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

it's hard to see it post fact but when canelo fought mayweather it was a loving huge deal and super interesting
I wasn't even thinking of the Mayweather fight tbh, most people were fairly sure he'd be handled comfortably in that one. The fights with Lara and Trout were seen as competitive and almost 50/50s (which they turned out to be). He gets poo poo because he blatantly wants nothing to do with Golovkin, but other than that and until recently he's actually been matched quite tough.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hughie? Probably, he never had any intention of going to New Zealand though for some reason.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's going to be a 5:30am-er probably, gently caress that

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm sort of regretting not going now

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

sky had to mute the mics because the people wouldn't shut up for a minute's silence for 20 dead kids. not a proud moment.

Glad I didn't go

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I haven't been paying attention, was that for a world title or a "world title"

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

Good fight so far. I have Spence 2-1.

e: is this Froch on colour? If he calls Spence "Spencer" one more time I'm gonna go apeshit.

Sometimes he says Spence sometimes he says Spencer hahah

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

4-3 Brook for me so far, either way someone's going to say it was a robbery if it goes to the cards

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Yeah Spence taking over now

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Have they even had the swell hammer thing (that's what it's called) on his eye

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Spence did the job.

Can't wait for the tainted Brook v Khan fight and then both of them ride off to retirement sunset.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

that makes me feel so old

Neither of them should be near retirement really, but Khan has been around years and is old for his age, and Brook is a fat waster, there isn't much left in either

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose we'll get 2 months of Floyd stuttering and mma nerds tugging themselves silly over McGregor's scripted cringe

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't care how old or retired he is, if Mayweather can't stop an amateur in his first fight then he doesn't deserve to be on any P4P list ever again.

I forgot Ward - Kovalev was this weekend, I thought it was weeks away for some reason. I think I had Kovalev just winning the first one but I reckon Ward takes this one reasonably comfortably. He still had lots of ring rust going into it last time, and I wouldn't argue with anyone scoring it to him, so I can't see it getting easier for Kovalev.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose Kovalev was always the intriguing part of the first fight, and now he's lost some of that air of invincibility. Ward is just Ward, as boringly excellent as Floyd without any of the star power.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I dunno but if Tony Weeks was reffing my fight next I'd be landing a tester right on the meat and veg and seeing what he was gonna do about it

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Abraham now is like when he used to do nothing for 2 minutes and then work for a minute, but without working for a minute

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Rocky Balboa's restaurant is doing alright, it's named after his late wife I believe

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

lol that's hilarious

How come Frampton can't make featherweight anyway, he's not particularly big for the weight. If Selby can make it Frampton should easily be able to

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Garcia's too sharp, he'll just clown him. The Maidana fight was so perfect because he's such a rough house motherfucker. It was the best exposing of a poo poo Mayweather impersonation since Andre Berto's frankly comical attempt at a philly shell against Robert Guerrero.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Seriously, so much energy wasted on some pointless Matrix poo poo

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I think he is actually trying, Garcia is just way better lol

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Was looking at a YouTube of most dangerous boxers and had never heard of Gerald McClellan. Looked him up and am now depressed

Worse things have happened to better people

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Canelo is good but I've never seen anything from him which has made me think wow he could beat GGG. I won't be betting on it though, because of the nagging thought that maybe they've timed it just right. And yeah if it goes to the cards then you know they'll find a way of giving it Canelo regardless.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

poo poo I didn't know that was on tonight. Usyk is the real deal at cruiserweight, hopefully he doesn't get Adamek-ed at heavy.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

drat, did Gonzalez get old overnight or what?

Never a good sign when someone comes into the ring crying tbh

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

One said life to short (written exactly like that) for all these gently caress ups and the other said he wants help or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

One of the belts is the IBF and they have check weights on the morning of the fight and you can't be 10lbs over

e: however don't be surprised if Canelo ignores it and so can't win the IBF