Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Even that first night was not a great night for Gonzalez

Agreed, but I'd much rather see Lucas lose in a competitive fight than just get trucked from bell to bell and knocked the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Yay Lucas :)

Get Danny Garcia in with this fucker again.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Pac backed out of the undercard fight against Alvarado (good) and now says he wants to fight in either May or June against Matthysse or Danny Garcia. That would be awesome, but it probably won't happen because Pacquiao has been so incredibly inconsistent recently when it comes to announcing and following through on fights.

I'll take washed Pac vs washed Matthysse (mostly cause I don't want Danny getting a Pac payday)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Lomachenko/Linares is set for May 12th :) (at lightweight)

I think Vasyl is going to take his soul, but it's still cool to see him fighting legit championship competition.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

EDIT: And of course Keith Thurman is now hurt. Because why not

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/979863767046656000

Oh god damnit :mad:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

is linares gonna have anything for loma? i dont really know poo poo about him

Linares is super talented (Emmanuel Steward said he was a beautiful boxer), but he's got paper skin and a glass jaw.

If those things hold up I think it could be a really interesting bout (but I don't think they will, and I think Vasyl is going to take his soul just like he's done to everyone else)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 1, 2018

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

gently caress canelo

Seriously, what a piece of poo poo.

He had so much good will before GGG came into the picture, and he's pissed all of it away.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

TheSituAsian posted:

In actual relevant fighter news

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/1006301542591315968

Oh baby

gently caress yes :slick:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

Luckily it seems like the fights been made. Which is good for Golden Boy because they won't be promoting poo poo with those (not) fresh Deal or No Deal memes.

https://twitter.com/GoldenBoyBoxing/status/1007005368646373381?s=19

I know it'll probably end up like the first one (or worse), but I really hope he fucks Canelo up this go round.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

Manny is doing the promotion through his company too and supposedly a bunch of deadlines to pay Matthyse have come and gone so I dont think the fight will even happen at this point. Lucas might end up fighting Crawford in October if it falls through.

I would much rather see the Pacquiao fight.

If Matthysse fights Crawford, it'll be loving brutal

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Crawford vs Pacquiao would be equally brutal at this point.

Sorry, I should've been clear that I meant Matthysse vs Pacquiao. Both guys are washed, so at least it's kinda competitive.

I'm with you that Bud slaughters both of them.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i seriously cannot stop forgetting that this fight is going to happen really soon. canelo / ggg 24/7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPH9XLB3QVw

I thought that the first fight was pretty drat good (despite not being the bloodbath that some wanted), and I honestly think this one will be better.

No more feeling out, and I think we're going to see some sick body work from both guys (hopefully with bad loving intentions)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Jose posted:

its amazing in a sport as generally corrupt as boxing anyone ever pisses hot

Especially one of the biggest names in the sport currently.

Way to go, Oscar.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Just watching the Porter-Garcia fight now. What I'm most impressed by is PBC managing to get every one of their fighters to show up

E: lol

https://twitter.com/Claressashields/status/1038826497396670465

I wish Keith still fought :smith:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

I probably helps if they're all drunk as poo poo. Spence definitely was

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1038644395002736640

Then he spoke some mess as the post-fight press conference , which I thought was only for fighters on that card but whatever and Bud clapped back

https://twitter.com/budcrawford402/status/1038796158209060864

It probably won't happen for another 5 years or something (if at all), but Crawford vs Spence would be such a great fight. I know Spence would probably dwarf him in size, but I feel like Crawford is such a talented/versatile fighter on top of being a straight up mean motherfucker that it would really make it interesting.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I cannot imagine Crawford doesn't want that fight. In fact I'm sure that he's pushing for it to happen and we'll get it in a year or so. Spence is probably going to fight Porter next, after that he'll be looking at Garcia or Thurman if Thurman's back (Or maybe Mikey loving Garcia I guess?) but both of these guys are competitive and they know that they pose the biggest threat to each other.

In the mean time who does Crawford have to fight that isn't PBC? Pacquiao? I can't see that happening. Jessie Vargas? He'll need to cross the promotional line at some point if he wants a good fight, and if he's doing that he might as well go for the top dog.

I don't think either guy is scared, I just don't know that either of Haymon or Arum are hyped to make it happen.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

mewse posted:

GGG/Canelo is $85 USD for a loving web stream?!

I'm just going to pay the 20 and see it at the theater

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

The SituAsian posted:

EDIT: And even though it's late I want to say I'm thankful for the few of ya'll who humor my white noise posting about this sport I love so much and for the night in March 2013 that Tim Bradley decided to brawl against Ruslan Provdonikov (and hopeful that HBO doesn't take down their boxing youtube channel at the end of the year)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlVQO71PbQ

Watching that fight in real time was so nerve-wracking. God it was loving awesome :)

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

that window closed years ago. brook is still a world class fighter and i can't remember the last time khan was

Khan looked really good against Canelo. Well, before.....you know.

And that was 2 years ago. Time flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

Whats the one fight from Jacobs I should go watch?

The one with Pirog.

In all seriousness his fight with Golovkin was an excellent performance.