Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva
I was there for a few days recently. The Metro was good -- I flew into DCA and it was maybe 15-20 min to get downtown, very convenient. You shouldn't need a taxi most of the time, unless you're out very late/early.

As far as things to do, there a lot of great museums on the Mall -- and they're free, which is incredible. If the weather is nice, it also makes for a nice stroll. You'll be able to see a lot of historical sites all lined up in a row from the Supreme Court all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. I was able to fill my time without going on any official "tours" since it's easy enough to navigate yourself. I would've liked to try to see the inside of the White House and get a tour of the Capitol, but I believe you have to organize that in advance by calling your congressman or something. If that's something you're interested in doing, look up what you need to do ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread