Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
There are tons of things to do in D.C...I lived there for two years, so let me run down the list of things I used to enjoy doing. The best, and perhaps only way to travel, is the Metro.

The classic thing to do is to see the museums and monuments on or near the national Mall. Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington Monuments, Vietnam and WWII memorials, Holocaust and Black History Museums...all great things to check out.

Go see "Chinatown" which is not really a Chinatown at all, but is worth it in order to go to the one Chinese restaurant near the large gate which is tasty and authentic-ish. Also worth it for Ford's theater and Lincoln's deathbed across the street from Ford's theater. Sit a spell and reflect on our nation's greatest president.

On the lighter side, the National Zoo is great. See the animals and then get blasted in nearby Adams Morgan (Dan's was the best bar, not sure if it is still there, open only at night).

National Symphony is good, near the Watergate which is worth seeing for historical reasons but they don't give tours.

If you can get out on the red line, go to the massive used book warehouse near the Grosvenor stop.

Edit: also go see the Nats play if you're going in the summer.

Centrist Dad fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread