Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Looking for nightlife? Dupont is where the "club scene" is at. Avoid Adams Morgan unless you like partying with drunk 20-somethings. U street is amazing if you like music clubs, check out Black Cat and U street music hall. Also if you are on U street go to Ben's Chili Bowl. I personally think the food there is average, but it's a DC staple rich in history so it's worth checking out if you are in the area.

I feel like you haven't been part of the "club scene" in DC for awhile. :) I haven't heard of anyone going clubbing in Dupont since the early 2000s. Granted clubbing in DC is terrible, so this is not a bad thing.

My two cents is that if you like jazz and want a local's experience, go to Columbia Station for their Sunday night jam session. It's about the shittiest bar you can imagine from a service and drinks perspective, but the jazz is second to none in the area. It's a bunch of old dudes who played with the jazz greats of yesteryear combined with young, talented, local musicians. If you go, there will be approximately four other people in the bar besides you and the band.

Don't order a drink that has more than two ingredients, three if you include ice. It's a whiskey neat/beer kind of bar. I enjoy ordering a dirty martini every time I go because the results are hilarious and never a dirty martini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread