Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fury
Jul 10, 2001
Head to the Pug on H St and drink until you forget how hot it is outside/you're called up to eat at Toki Underground :cool:

I think everyone covered museums, but I would totally rent a car from DCA or something for a day and take a trip to Shenandoah National Park. It's a beautiful park, and has plenty of WPA history if you're into that sort of thing.

If you're into Chinese, imo Sichuan Pavilion is probably the best place in DC that's easily transit accessible. Otherwise, off to the Maryland suburbs/Peter Chang's in Arlington. If you're into Indian food, DC possibly has the best Indian restaurant in the US in Rasika. Super recommended, along with the suggestions for Ethiopian.

For culture stuff, check the Kennedy Center calendar. Yo-Yo Ma is coming through in May and we're seeing him, but I dunno what the rest of the summer looks like.

Also it will start to get really goddamned hot sometime in June, so keep that in mind. Those big bus tours with the open top decks are actually a dumb fun way to spend a night and see some stuff when it's 85 degrees outside at 8pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread