Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Chinatown" isn't a Chinatown like other cities. It consists of a couple blocks with chain stores and restaurants with their names in Chinese. The people who the area is named after are almost entirely gone.

It's not free, but I *highly* recommend the Newseum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Museums are cool as hell. Go do that. Whatever floats your boat.
The U-street corridor is a good night out. There's a TON of venues and food. Georgetown is fun *dodges rocks thrown by DC natives* -ish. There's a lot of stuff there but there's no good way to get there or get around.
This is not true at all. You take the Metro to Foggy Bottom then take a bus or walk. It's a shorter walk than from the Capitol to the Washington Monument or White House, which tourists do every day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^^^ agree with all of this. The only place in Dupont is call a club is 18th Street Lounge and that's barely in Dupont. The big actual clubs are a bit further south.

I do agree with U Hall and Black Cat being with checking out for music, but they buy cater to their own types. U Hall is mostly electronic stuff and Black Cat is rock/indie/metal/punk stuff. There's also a bunch of restaurant/bars that have live jazz.
I'd also suggest Madam's Organ of you're into blues at all.

• Locked thread