Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I'm a cheap backpacker, so I'm here to tell you that all the Smithsonian museums are free, and amazing.

The National Gallery of Art and National Museum of Natural History are really good.

Air & Space is a great accounting of all the cool stuff we used to do in space (RIP shuttle!)

Both are on the mall itself, which is very nice and worth a walk through. Some of the monuments are underwhelming, but I think it's worth checking out the Lincoln Memorial.

I'd reccomend getting off the metro at Farragut, checking out the White House (they keep adding security so see it while you can), walking down past the Washington monument. You'll pass the Vietnam war memorial (which is more impressive in person), can hit museums if you'd like, and then end at the Lincoln memorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread