Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why are Europeans so afraid of guns?

It's 99% likely that I will never need a gun to protect myself, but I have one anyway just for emergency protection. It's just another preparedness tool like flashlights, radio, bottled water, batteries. I hope I will never need them in a real life or death situation, but nothing wrong with being prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

And because of the particularly indefensible circumstances surrounding the choice of route. The campaign is not about "pipelines should be banned in general", although I'm sure there are people involved who feel that way.

And no amount of speculation about why the protestors really care makes "People here don't really care. They don't have love for the oil companies, but they don't have love for Native Americans either." any less vile.

Because your attempt to "prepare" for this incredibly unlikely scenario (in which, more likely than not, a gun would just increase the chance you get hurt) is much more dangerous than the scenario itself. You are much more likely to kill a) yourself b) a family member than you are to use it to actually defend yourself.

I personally don't believe that

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
sounds fair

do you think it would have been appropriate for you to bring a sealed dildo to school, even if you just intended to laugh at it and not use it?

• Locked thread