Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Some good questions and some good replies so I'll throw my .02 cents in.

I'm now living in Upstate New York in the Poughkeepsie area, but I was born and grew up in Kentucky and I lived in Louisiana and Connecticut both for several years before moving to where I am now. So I have a fairly unique perspective on the whole North South thing that has been brought up by some of the others.

When I lived in Kentucky I thought it was the most beautiful state, it has areas of grassy plains and farms in the west half and then gorgeous mountains in the East and then there is the "land between the lakes" in the little divot that makes up the left side of the state on maps. The people are friendly to a fault. You get the loud-type of friendly and the Quite-type of friendly. Except in Louisville and Lexington, to metropolitan to be friendly.

Food to try in KY: if you happen to go to Owensboro, Ky they have BBQ mutton. It's the only place in the US that makes this type and it's delicious. Moonlight BBQ brings in sheep and smokes 'em over hickory for something like 24 to 48 hours and it's just the best. Very unique and tasty. Also try the Burgoo. Which is basically a stew of whatever they can get a hold of. Traditionally squirrel or raccoon, or whatever was lying around. Now it's made with beef or pork or mutton. Derby pie is also delicious, it's basically a pecan pie with chocolate chips. but I'm not doing justice to how good it is.

Moonlight bbq is amazing. The Burgoo that ive had was made with beef or venison (deer). Mutton is amazing

I live in South West Indiana and Western KY.

The weirdest thing food wise where I live is fried brain sandwiches. Yes it's really brain's, pig brain's to be exact

People in the south are generally nicer. Please , thank you and excuse me are everyday words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread