Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I take more jabs at Canadians than anyone I know. For the most part it's because nobody really knows much about Canada and... well, Canadian history is pretty boring. Most of your atrocities, we did too, and most of your "finest moments" were you taking part in things we did as well. That kinda came off harsher than intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The political divide among the places you go and the friends you make really struck home to me. It's definitely true. It wasn't true when I was in college back in the early 2000s. The Bush, Obama, and Trump years have really solidified divides.

I disagree with the whole 18-35 thinking Europe better in most ways, but definitely in some. We do see them having some of our major problems solved (Health care costs, Education costs), and I think we do kind of envy their social cohesion (where it applies). We're pretty much 50/50 split, and that makes everyone unhappy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

B. Birdsworth posted:

Imagine a fast food fried chicken joint at every traffic island.

We build for the future.

It's this. It's future planning for expansion. If the economy goes well, mini malls or parking structures will go up. If not, they'll become dog parks or green spaces.
Most places have the roads going in two directions with a divider. Texas is just more optimistic about their growth.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Nah, it's not just Australia, every country that isn't a city-state has plenty of land in this kind of rural area. They don't do this kind of development because it doesn't make sense (in particular, it's comically hostile to pedestrians, who American development tends to poo poo on outside of urban areas and sometimes even in them).

That's suburbia, not rural. You can even see the housing divisions in the background.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

System Metternich posted:

You're taking the piss

In case you aren't: Jesus, just how empty is your area? :stare:

That's not far. My cousin lives over 210 kilometers away from the nearest practicing doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pewdiepie posted:

Which is your own fault for not setting aside space for seasonal produce on your land.
Very ignorant statement. In many (most?) areas, anything more than a small garden isn't all that feasible. It often costs them more in opportunity costs.

• Locked thread