Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Also why do you have anatolians and like stumpy dogs? I didn't realize shorty dogs with long hair were masterful working farm dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

wtftastic posted:

Do you talk about her over tea with the other breeders, making sure to make her feel as excluded as possible from any and all events.

Honestly, what the gently caress is the point of a LGD when you take it away from the livestock to play barbie. Am I missing something? Who cares what the gently caress your stupid dog looks like if its good at killing nuisance animals? If you take an LGD away from stock, even if it works with a team of other dogs, you've done nothing but stress it and the stock out for no other reason than ribbons.

A dog is not well bred unless it resembles a footrest. If it doesn't have the official arbitrarily accepted colors then it can't work, because colors is everything.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

wtftastic posted:

Also why do you have anatolians and like stumpy dogs? I didn't realize shorty dogs with long hair were masterful working farm dogs.

The long beautiful hair picks up burdock and stickers so that you can just send them into the bush and they'll come out with all the small rodents you are hunting stuck to them. It's extremely functional.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

function is defined by color which is defined by what I, a dog lady from a region really very quite far away from where the breed was developed and used, deem to be acceptable.

did you know that i have farted in the show ring with several of these dogs and i have made them gently caress before?? that means I am the queen and qualified.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Tasty_Crayon posted:

The long beautiful hair picks up burdock and stickers so that you can just send them into the bush and they'll come out with all the small rodents you are hunting stuck to them. It's extremely functional.

I'm learning so much about dogs, i'm turning in my mutt for a breeder approved functional model right the gently caress now.

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Dog show person knows more about a dog breed than the people who have kept the breed for its original purpose for generations (and who give no shits about color coat conformation).

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I literally had these arguments with her in like 2009 when she got her first lovely stilt dog. She's gonna stubb until the day she dies. There's n o p o i n t

It;s funny tho :munch:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

iirc she only got skyes because they looked like "sawed off briards."

also there were only like 8 of them in the US when she got into them so it was easy to get a whole bunch and win all the ribbons

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Supercondescending posted:

I literally had these arguments with her in like 2009 when she got her first lovely stilt dog. She's gonna stubb until the day she dies. There's n o p o i n t

It;s funny tho :munch:

Well what the gently caress would you know, it's not like you have a devoted lgd that thinks it's a pig, successfully chases off predators, and thinks going inside makes no sense.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

eastern european shepherd dogs are a type, breed names are based on locality, lmao at saying a locality based working type can only be x color :3:

ilu stubbs <3

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Supercondescending posted:

eastern european shepherd dogs are a type, breed names are based on locality, lmao at saying a locality based working type can only be x color :3:

ilu stubbs <3

That's Big Time Fancy Show Stubbs to you, you peon.

I wonder what trait judges will pick in show anatolians to over exaggerate and turn into a health problem?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

theyre already prone to various cancers and dysplasias but i wont snoot too hard because working bred ones aren't exactly health tested on the reg and probably have a lot of the same issues

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

My Boston once found and picked up a dead squirrel that was stiff as a board. Working bostons only ITT

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

SolanaSkyes posted:

You managed to find the personal webpage of an idiot who paid an assload of money to import "rare black Anatolians" from a shady dealer in Turkey, ended up with a couple of obvious mutts, and she's been battling to try to get them registered as Anatolians here for years. The ASDCA has refused to register them (and every other black dog that has applied), and that particular person has not bred a litter in several years (Janice last updated her site since 2011). There is another working breeder in the South that claims to have AKC registered blacks, but he also other breeds roaming around amongst them, and very dark brindles. The closest you will come to a "black Anatolian" is a very dark brindle.

Example of a working german shepherd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOmROsXJ3Y

What show people consider the correct form of a german shepherd (the lower they drag their crotches to the floor, the better?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf95aY8E7_E

So sorry if I don't trust your CREDENTIALS as a SHOW LADY Solana, but breeders like you go more for extreme looks than actual viable animals :/. I bet if you went to Anatolia you'd tell the farmers there they have mutt dogs because no true anatolian dog would ever be black (despite that color having been part of the breed for a looooooong time it seems, show people just decided they didn't like black so they exclude it from show standards, just like pugs with any resemblance of a snout are deemed unworthy).

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

notsowelp posted:

HIjacking this thread to announce that my dog Mouse is also due to whelp in early May :toot:

Welp (lol) I got gipped of hot hot puppy-cam in this thread and you should set up a camera or at least take a shitload of pictures of little wormy wriggling puppies because it's the best thing in the world, and you should do it 100%. You can start the thread early with a big fat wobbly dog. It's all good :)

PUPPIES!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

But-but livestream puppies :(

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

queserasera posted:

But-but livestream puppies :(

theyre 8 weeks old now and goin to new homes before long, i took the cam down when they went out to learn how to LGD sorry duder :(

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

notsowelp posted:

The puppies will be a mix of Bedlington, Whippet and Border/Bearded Collie :)

aka My Dream Lurcher. Post pics when they happen!

SachielDVangel
Jun 4, 2003
I missed this place for threads like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Threads like what Edward <3 :3:

• Locked thread