Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

SolanaSkyes posted:

You're talking to an owner/breeder/and OMG EXHIBITOR of Anatolian Shepherds. My dogs are out of proven, direct Turkish import working lines and can also hold their own in the show ring. My youngest is from a very well known kennel on the East Coast that was instrumental in introducing the Anatolian Shepherd to the USA. She was born and raised in a goat pasture, and at the moment, when she is not going to a dog show, she is guarding her handler's sheep and poultry. I must be doing something wrong, amirite?

Truthfully, the ASD community has no problem with working only breeders and they are as welcome as anyone else. The reason why someone would go to a "show breeder" for a LGD Anatolian to be exclusively a working dog (and yes, most are sold into working rather than show homes) is because we health test and provide the healthiest, safest dogs, and will always provide assistance to the new owners. However, there is no real difference between "show bred" and "working bred" Anatolians, like there has been with Pyrs, although I do know of one exclusively show ASD breeder that tries to breed for a softer temperament and show disposition. She is not considered reputable though.

Do you talk about her over tea with the other breeders, making sure to make her feel as excluded as possible from any and all events.

Honestly, what the gently caress is the point of a LGD when you take it away from the livestock to play barbie. Am I missing something? Who cares what the gently caress your stupid dog looks like if its good at killing nuisance animals? If you take an LGD away from stock, even if it works with a team of other dogs, you've done nothing but stress it and the stock out for no other reason than ribbons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Also why do you have anatolians and like stumpy dogs? I didn't realize shorty dogs with long hair were masterful working farm dogs.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

function is defined by color which is defined by what I, a dog lady from a region really very quite far away from where the breed was developed and used, deem to be acceptable.

did you know that i have farted in the show ring with several of these dogs and i have made them gently caress before?? that means I am the queen and qualified.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Tasty_Crayon posted:

The long beautiful hair picks up burdock and stickers so that you can just send them into the bush and they'll come out with all the small rodents you are hunting stuck to them. It's extremely functional.

I'm learning so much about dogs, i'm turning in my mutt for a breeder approved functional model right the gently caress now.

• Locked thread