Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Farmers care more about practical non-show coat than color. They also tend to be less "THIS MUST BE BREED" and more "ok bitch good stud good puppies fine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I know literally zero farmers that would ever get their farm dogs from show breeders. It's mostly livestock auctions and know a guy who knows a guy if people are still doin it the way they were when I lived at home.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

I mean I GUESS they could have time to worry about coat color but they are mostly too busy waking up at dawn to make sure their sow doesn't crush ten grand worth of piglets.

Edit: "SHOW DOGS? What kind of liberal obamacare communist bullshit is that? Ok I've got the chain looped around the hooves when I say pull you pull"

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

SolanaSkyes posted:

You're talking to an owner/breeder/and OMG EXHIBITOR of Anatolian Shepherds.

Oh do forgive me my lady, I didn't recognize you without your mouche.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

wtftastic posted:

Also why do you have anatolians and like stumpy dogs? I didn't realize shorty dogs with long hair were masterful working farm dogs.

The long beautiful hair picks up burdock and stickers so that you can just send them into the bush and they'll come out with all the small rodents you are hunting stuck to them. It's extremely functional.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Supercondescending posted:

I literally had these arguments with her in like 2009 when she got her first lovely stilt dog. She's gonna stubb until the day she dies. There's n o p o i n t

It;s funny tho :munch:

Well what the gently caress would you know, it's not like you have a devoted lgd that thinks it's a pig, successfully chases off predators, and thinks going inside makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Supercondescending posted:

eastern european shepherd dogs are a type, breed names are based on locality, lmao at saying a locality based working type can only be x color :3:

ilu stubbs <3

That's Big Time Fancy Show Stubbs to you, you peon.

I wonder what trait judges will pick in show anatolians to over exaggerate and turn into a health problem?

• Locked thread