Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I keep and breed livestock guardian dogs. On the 21st, Belle ( 3/4 Pyrenees, 1/4 Anatolian) gave birth to 12 puppies. The sire is Boot, who is 100% Pyrenees.

Here's what they looked like as tiny skeletons!

One was stillborn and we lost one early on but the remaining 10 are 8 days old now and fat and happy. I set up a webcam so that I can monitor them without being on top of them 24/7 and decided to stream it because why not. Feel free to watch my potatoes! (they do basically nothing right now because they are grubs but hey, puppies.)

Here's a link to the twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/bucam2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Belle has been great for a first time mom, I couldn't be more impressed with her. Depending on how her pups turn out, she has more than earned a retirement in the house sleepin' on the sofa forever after a couple more litters (which obviously will be spaced widely to not put too much strain on her.) If she wants it that is;she is a working dog and if she would prefer to keep working that's up to her. All her pups are going to working homes and I have the highest hopes for all of them.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I'm going to keep a boy out of this litter. I have my eye on a couple, but we will see how they do with the stock before I make my decision.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Glad to know I can be of service :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

pandaid posted:

Uh oh! Two puppies just escaped!

http://imgur.com/a/Dm7ZT

Edit: Yeah Human saved the day! One of them got caught in a bag or towel? Or something. He came right into view struggling and then the human came just in time. Whew.

YEAH there should not have been a bag on the floor where an escapee could get caught, that was my bad. I picked up any potential hazards in there and put up a barrier to prevent future escapes. They're getting very mobile!

thatbastardken posted:

where boot neck?

Belle has a really long neck, maybe she stole it

I'm hoping that between them their children will be Normal Necked Dogs

CharlesM posted:

Uh oh! Cam offline. :[

Yeeeahhhhh It was my anniversary yesterday and I was out for the night and it got bumped and lost its charge, should be good now though!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

HELO STUBBANA

ive had lgd's since 2006 lmao

pls post ur showlatolions and their glorious stilts

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i still have shitbulls too :D lets fight stubs cmere

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tasty_Crayon posted:

I know literally zero farmers that would ever get their farm dogs from show breeders. It's mostly livestock auctions and know a guy who knows a guy if people are still doin it the way they were when I lived at home.

IRRESPONSIBLE

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Belle is actually not even a true black, but a really dark brindle. You know who does have black marked dogs in their background? Boot, the sire, who is a ~~~show correct~~~ color lmaooooooooooo

Not a single white puppy in the litter, all badger or black marked whites and one black masked fawn :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

because she breeds conformation anatolians that lay around with her chickens and she cant fathom anything but KC poo poo bc shes solana

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

notsowelp posted:

The puppies will be a mix of Bedlington, Whippet and Border/Bearded Collie :)

mONGERELS

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I literally had these arguments with her in like 2009 when she got her first lovely stilt dog. She's gonna stubb until the day she dies. There's n o p o i n t

It;s funny tho :munch:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

Also why do you have anatolians and like stumpy dogs? I didn't realize shorty dogs with long hair were masterful working farm dogs.

iirc she only got skyes because they looked like "sawed off briards."

also there were only like 8 of them in the US when she got into them so it was easy to get a whole bunch and win all the ribbons

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

eastern european shepherd dogs are a type, breed names are based on locality, lmao at saying a locality based working type can only be x color :3:

ilu stubbs <3

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

theyre already prone to various cancers and dysplasias but i wont snoot too hard because working bred ones aren't exactly health tested on the reg and probably have a lot of the same issues

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

queserasera posted:

But-but livestream puppies :(

theyre 8 weeks old now and goin to new homes before long, i took the cam down when they went out to learn how to LGD sorry duder :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Threads like what Edward <3 :3:

• Locked thread