Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

The Rat posted:

For this and other reasons, I call it the Blastmaster.

Gotta put on a linear compensator! Also your color schemes are always so pretty :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
:nws:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I have no idea why but that sort of sparkly look makes me actually nauseous for some reason.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Came across this video in the 40K thread, because apparently we're now building real-life bolters, but what blew my mind in this is the legal jibberjabber this guy runs off at the beginning of it.

"It's a :airquote:firearm:airquote:, not an SBS/PDR/SBA/whateverthefuck, so it's a "no tax-stamp", and because it's under 10lbs, it's not a destructive device. But you definitely can't shoulder it, because that's illegal, so you need to run hotter rounds.

See here? You can :airquote:cheek-weld:airquote: it, which is definitely not shouldering, or you could fire it from the hip, but no shouldering, no siree."

What in the gently caress is going on legally with this thing/dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7krlrcGtms

/edit:

That gentlemen has a couple of 88s too many in his name for my taste

US firearms laws are a Byzantine nightmare and the ATF also makes poo poo up on the fly. People/gun manufacturers are constantly trying to skirt around the law through various technicalities and the ATF approves or disapproves depending on the phase of the moon and other mysterious factors.

IV8888 claims his 8s have no neonazi connection and as far as I know he hasn't been caught doing anything especially racist but would YOU trust a youtuber not to be racist?

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 12, 2018

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
It's because the barrel is less than 18". If the barrel is 18" or more then it's just a regular shotgun and there are generally very few laws regulating them. Once you go one micron below 18" then you're in entirely different territory and you have to do a whole bunch of paperwork and get approved and pay a $200 tax stamp or you're going to federal prison for like 10 years.

It's basically playing "I'm not touching you!!!" with the law so it's neither a shotgun nor a much more heavily regulated "short barrel shotgun". Nor is it an also heavily regulated "any other weapon" which would uhhh be a short barreled shotgun that didn't have a rifle stock when it came out of the factory I think, in this case?

Like I said, Byzantine nightmare.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

i was born in 1988 so my email address is firstnamelastname88 at geemail

I think we can be pretty sure that dude was not born in 1988 though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
drat you take good pictures dude

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Mustang posted:

Man, how have I missed this thread? Just noticed it.

I'm going on my first snowshoeing trip in a few weeks, hopefully I get some good pictures and don't freeze to death.

Going up into the mountains in the middle of winter is kind of intimidating for someone that grew up in Florida.

Used to be the gun thread but people kept posting pics of their guns in beautiful scenery so now it's the outdoors thread!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Zion is probably my favorite national park that I've seen. Absolutely beautiful canyons and you're mostly viewing them from below.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

DownByTheWooter posted:

ribeye of the sky, I've heard

I think killing one would get you drawn and quartered in Nebraska.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Syrian Lannister posted:

back up iron sights

The rifle is going to be used for general plinking purposes.

Honestly why bother? Unless you want to be able to shoot with ironsights for funsies it's just extra weight you'll never use.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Icon Of Sin posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a pink flower outside of a greenhouse. This was on one of the trails into the park a little bit.

It's a loving thistle. Kill it! Kill it!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

ElMaligno posted:

Please dont anger the scots.

Maybe they shouldn't spread their prickly invasive bullshit all over North America.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Rat posted:

Aw poo poo I had no idea there was a wolf around too, that's nuts!

Last night was ridiculous, Task Force Trash Panda halted an invasion of unprecedented size. Need to write my dog up an award citation and get him some treats for being such a good boy.

How many raccoons and possums do you shoot in a year? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The comet was fairly hard to see with the naked eye when I looked for it. If nobody told you there was a comet out there I doubt the vast majority of people would notice it, at least under the conditions I had.

Was that a long exposure time Acebuckeye or was it just a lot more visible where you were?