Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's it. There may be more to it than that but that's all I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hunting birds.

Actually, when I was 18 I used to hunt pigs with an under and over, I think it was about 28".

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Pic of the pile o' guns please.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
.45-70 is pretty stout but it's not crazy.

However I've seen some eye injuries from dipshit and their scopes.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, so for some reason lately people have been packing some serious fuckin' artillery at the local indoor gun range and I'm looking for better hearing protection.

I've got these : https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leigh...07072767&sr=8-1

And they are pretty aces until people start pounding out .308 at a 25 metre indoor range. I like the whole electronic thing so you can hear people talking, and being able to fit both a very large and small head would be a plus (as I'd probably also get a set for my wife).

Any suggestions?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh, should probably mention that tbi woes have this weird pressure thing going on with one of my ears and, well, plugs just aren't an option.

Those Howard leights look good but I'm open to other suggestions too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Any specific sordins or they just a good product?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You can 3d print an ar15 receiver for a couple of bucks so eventually all this poo poo is gonna be pointless. You want an illegal gun gently caress it print one and buy the critical steel parts you can't from Amazon, that poo poo ain't regulated.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That being said I'm not saying do nothing, but be smart about what you want to tackle, not just knee jerk at everything.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, shooting pigs with buckshot is very effective.

I mixed up I think it was number 4 because it worked good for birds.

The only thing that pig would've died of after that was maybe a skin infection or lead poisoning or old age.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, so I went to a few places and was able to check out the ear muffs.

End result was I got the Howard Leight Impact Pros. The Sordin's are super nice, they are way nicer than the Howard Leights. However, the Howard Leights block noticeably more noise, and blocking raw noise is the reason I was looking to begin with.

Also of note is that these particular Howard Leights is that if you were using a rifle you'd probably have a hard time getting check weld and not knocking your ear muffs off your ear. They are pretty chunky.

And not insignificant is the fact the Sordin's are nearly 4 times as much. But they are super nice and if you were using a rifle or carbine they'd be a better option.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They seem to work good for that, just testing it in my apartment without firing off rounds.

Funny you should mention that, I've got a pair of the slim line howard leights and if I crank up the volume it's like some kind of spy microphone and I can hear conversations across the way to the next apartment building, but my wife's pair is not like that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah mine worked just like my wife's set otherwise, so I just kept them. The mics cut off when the sound level was too high so I think it was a wrong/defective/not fitted properly mic and I'm happy with them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you got a big ole jumbo dome like me it is impossible to get a good cheek weld and just as difficult to get eyes on your sights without leaning your gat 45 degrees.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
10mm feels like a more mellow .357 magnum, but it's fairly comparable.

Basically like a real beefy .45 round.

Unless you got those bullshit half load 10mm in which case it might as well be 9mm.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just found out Kriss make a 10mm rifle and now I have a very odd boner.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I liked the idea the 5.7x28mm round, basically a .22 hornet without the rim.

If I was reloading again I wouldn't mind getting something in 5.7 but I'm not so meh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
While I personally wouldn't drop that much cash on a .22, having a gun that sees actual work I think is good enough reason to blank check that poo poo.

Plus it looks awesome, so good job.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
To be honest I don't know much about AR15s but I've handled a Noveske before and they just make an issue M4 seem like pure garbage. Everything just fits nice, no strange rattles, and everything is just smooth.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Internet Wizard posted:

M4 barrel profiles are also dumb and pointless.

BCM's are good for the money, and once they release the lighter magnesium alloy version of the MLOK tube I'll be swapping it. Not gonna go up in weight just to switch.

I'd like to know more about that lever action

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was phone posting and didn't realize it was a bb gun but that is a pretty dope looking air rifle.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Narrow rear end Salomons, never again.

Salomons are heavenly if you've got high-ish arches for the exact same reason.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

This is motherfuckin' fancy

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's a few serious ways that could've gone wrong and all of them result in something really, really bad.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
On the other hand if you nab all your brass back up it can be really cheap shooting (if you don't factor in your time).

And if you're good at reloading your ammo will be much more consistent than what you buy pre rolled.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I had a progressive type setup. For a new calibre you'd buy your dies, get the set up in the turret plate as you wanted you bullet seating depth and all that poo poo. Then you could just take the turret plate and swap it out and bam, new calibre all ready to go.

Literally took less than a minute to change calibers.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A friend of mine had one and we were shooting it at the civ range at Benning. It was pretty sharp. We didn't do any super accuracy tests but it seemed to be good. But the big sell is that the ergo on them is great and they are both really nice to handle and a ton of fun to shoot. He did apparently have an issue straight out of the box though in that - and I might be remembering this a little fuzzy - the front sight post was out of whack. He called up Beretta and had it fixed quite promptly.

My wife had a shot too and enjoyed it enough she got one in .22

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There are things to recommend about glocks but looking good is not one of them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, you don't have to choose function over form. You can have both.

And no one's asking you to. Buy what you want, that's cool.

But it's just a thing. Water wet, sky blue, glock ugly.

Here's a nice looking gat

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What the devil is going on there?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Benning had a limit of 5 at one time but so many people ran over they just told you to get another signed form with the other guns on it.

If you have a copy no one gives a poo poo even if it's declares void later on.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Our company couldn't get any actual ruling on that even from the provost marshal, so we just took it to mean burst or full auto.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy moly there's some cheap ammo in there.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, slogans like that aren't my cup of tea but goddamn that looks like some clean stenciling.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just watched that video with two nerds, and what the gently caress kind of match was that? They took something pretty chill and fun, like shooting, and then just made it hard and not fun at all.

I dunno if they were going for the military experience but they caught it perfectly

That's like gun crossfit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay so that Hard as Hell stuff looks fun as gently caress. I mean, I wouldn't be great at it because my body is trashed by it looks like a ton of fun.

There's something about that plates video and running back and forth with a kettlebell for absolutely no reason really rubbed me the wrong way.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that'd be me. I can get away with some light running and climbing poo poo and whatever but lifting big weight and bouncing around could seriously gently caress me up. But then again I just wouldn't do it because that is just not a fun time to me. Take the penalty or 0 score or whatever and onto the next stage.

If that's what floats your boat though, gently caress don't let me discourage you. I just wish there were matches around near me. Nearest range that does that often is like 4 hours drive and that's a lot of time that could be spent studying so that's a bust.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
errrrr, that's not adorable.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My dude, have you seen the HK G11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've never shot a .308 with a barrel that short nor even looked at rounds lighter than 160 grain. Without know twist rate, maybe upping your bullet weight might help?

That's so odd ball to what I've used though, that's little more than a blind guess.