Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy moly, some of that metal you can't tell whether it was abused, pitted, or forged with a hammer. Or all 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
By the looks of the handle on that thing the hardest work it ever had was cracking open walnuts on the sheriffs desk

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Air rifles are like getting into a shoot out with the cops.

Always choose PCP.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, err, air rifles have sure gotten different since I was a kid.

.45 caliber rounds doing 850 fps, holy moly.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_Hercules_QE_Air_Rifle/4160/7950

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:stare:

That's beyond plinking territory I think

Looked for a youtube review of it and saw a dude headshotting wild pigs and killing them dead.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

The Rat posted:

Did my first hike of the year with a starting elevation of 9k-ish feet. Lungs definitely need more time at altitude. Was sucking today. Only got a couple shots before a thunderstorm rolled in.

Dude, 9k feet is serious business for thin air. I think pilots are required to have oxygen on board at around 12k, and they sure as hell arent trudging up the side of a mountain.

Ie. Sucking is normal.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
700 grain what in the gently caress did they grind down a piece of rebar

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Normally I see your photos on my phone and that just doesn't do them justice in the least.

poo poo's awesome.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, if that's factory ammo I'd be wondering if it fired out of battery as well

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm tempted to print one of those out, but then I'm wondering what the point is because after a quick look I don't trust them in the slightest.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think you can get one particular model of metal 3D printer for about 60k with more around 100k which means in about 20 years everyone can make Mac-10s in their kitchen while you teleport your space coffee or whatever.

Getting excited about making some plastic zip guns that you would be better off using a block of steel and a drill press is dumb

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sorry kid, now you gonna have to write left handed because dad wanted youtube likes.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I shot an MP5 in Vegas and it was basically cheat mode.

No recoil, and stupid accurate even being a flogged out range gun.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you go full auto expect to spend a lot on bullets. They cycle pretty quick.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Worth it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, desert eagles are pretty mild for what they are really. I shot a .357 many years ago and it was actually reasonably pleasant.

The funniest thing I ever saw on a range was a dude was running a .50 for an IPSC match for a bit of a laugh. And there was a part of a stage where you holstered your gat, side stepped in front of a paper target with a flimsy timber frame, took 2 steps back to draw and fire a single round.

So this guy takes 2 steps back, draws and fires but fumbles his shot. not only does the flame shooting out the barrel set the target on fire, but he shoots the wooden frame which send the piece of timber and half the flaming target arcing through the air up about 4 metres. Guy comes back and he's picking splinters out of his clothes and hair.

But I hope that kid didn't fire a round because that kid is now in hospital.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I could get maybe a finger and a half on that grip if I'm lucky, that would be a pretty interesting thing to fire.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You could try a kriss vector to use Glock mags.

Gotta admit those kriss's in 10mm carbine really interest me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, .357 magnum oomph with .40 capacity. It's pretty snazzy, but some people find it a bit much in a handgun, seems ideal for a carbine.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Internet Wizard posted:

Except with a carbine you can just use 5.56

I dislike your common sense.

For reals though if you are stuck with indoor ranges pistol calibers make sense

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Is that the new Beretta that just came out.or the older model?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The US is a place where under over shotguns (good ones) are more expensive than everywhere else. I assume because everyone is buying ar15s by the crate.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Slim Pickens posted:

:yeah:

Considering gambling on a turkish O/U or a semiauto like the tristars. Seems to be a lot of praise for them on the internet, "My Tristar setter's worked flawlessly for four years and I shoot every other weekend!" etc.

20 ga with around 26" barrel sounds ideal to me for grouse, skeet, duck and the occasional island deer from <25 yards, the dumb docile fucks

Personally I'd go 12 gauge over 20 forever as you can always buy reduced recoil or load your own shells to achieve the same effect but you can't get a 20 to perform like a 12. Especially when you start getting into 3 inches.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Could've used that to start sugar cane fires back in the day

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I bought a beretta 87 target last year for some seriously classy .22 ballin'

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was in a place called Heron Island, and got to see the turtles hatch with a bunch of other people. Big nature moment. National Parks person came along and said they make good food for the birds and you should really just leave them be.

And when the sea birds started picking them off I have never seen people lust for the death of birds so much in my entire life.

Okay, so yeah, I attacked a flock of seagulls with a coconut and a palm frond. I ain't proud of it. I'd do it again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
SO TACTICAL

I've got a USP-9 and except for being a bit chonky, it's really, really good.