Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

M_Gargantua posted:

Alright, that kinda sold me. I've seen some nice match grade M1A's and the semi-auto is attractive, but if it loses practical effectiveness I'll just pursue a nice 700. Now knowing all the kind of marketing poo poo Remington probably pulls that will be fun to research.

It's not even the marketing, Remington is just poo poo now. That said I do have old ads from Shot Show 2014 for the R51 talking about being stranded in Meth Valley or something. Of course the R51 speaks more to how poo poo Remington is in the production and design area now more then anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That said if you don't want to do traditional research or care about cost, just buy guns as I did at one time, based on things from when I was a kid and watched Commando, Terminator, Predator, Die Hard, Invasion USA, Delta Force, etc Let the IMFDB be your guide.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suboptimal posted:

Real talk, anyone have experience with the Ares SCR? I live in a van city (DC) so this is about the only thing I can get AR like performance out of.

And no, moving to VA is not an option for me.

I seem to recall someone in TFR owns it and liked it. I also know it's even legal in NYC.

It's still really modular apparently.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 30, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Any thoughts on the Bushmaster XM15-E2S? I'm thinking about making the plunge and getting a scary black rifle. :tfrxmas:

Don't buy a Bushmaster. For low budget entry, look at Palmetto State Armory...although Sky Shark will have to chime in on which one is the budget and which one is the premium build as I can't remember.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

When limited on magazine size (typically 10 rounds) what's your opinion on going with 40 over 9?

You can also look into other calibers like 45ACP or 10mm.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Rat posted:

If I were looking at new bolt action .308s for a precision rifle purpose, I'd take a hard look at the Ruger RPR.
I love Ruger. They make so much cool stuff, that I can't think of a reason to buy, but I still want, like the wheelgun in 9mm.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also jfc centerfire or rimfire i just wanna shoot cans not blast off to the moon

only weapons i ever fired were m16 and saw

for reals im hopeless at this stuff

Ruger 10/22. I seem to recall them making a new drop in trigger that is supposed to be good. I also like Savages Rimfire offerings.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep, it's pretty drat amazing they were able to design around it and not make some horrid aboard like the Stag complaint guns are for NY (or were being offered) and still be really goddamn modular.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

kinda falling in love with the ruger scout

That's fine...Ruger makes a lot of magical guns that I want.

That said if it's legal were someone lives, don't forget the Maxim9 for all your space gun needs. That said you might not get it till after the missiles fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Fbaz3T7Rc

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverand maynard posted:

Has anyone shot a sig mcx? I love the idea of a folding stock rifle but I haven't heard anything positive about it.

It's expensive, the first wave had an accidental MG ability, and expensive proprietary mags. The conceal bag in the ads was kind of cool...hell the ads were the coolest thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDJSUxzqg8

It's 9mm vs 556, but look into the CZ Scorpion, if you can do an SBR in your state. It's still cheaper than the MCX.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Rat posted:

Nah dawg the MCX is the 5.56 rifle. Different from the subgun MPX.

I haven't seen anyone bring an MCX out to a match, so I have no input there.

Whoops. That would explain why I kept having trouble finding the video I posted. Also I had no idea the MCX was even a thing vs a typo. :downs:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i keep waffling between a no-poo poo .308 bolt action and the ruger scout. it looks just so amazing.

Get the Ruger...so I can live vicariously through you.

Also someone buy their LCR in 9mm I want that too...for reasons.

Also Ruger please make a PCC.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Alternate budget bolt action: Tikka T3, dickload of options for stock/caliber/etc and a direct price competitor for Savage.

Bought a used one of those once in 30-06....goddamn was the gun fantastic. I mean just a great gun. That said I wouldn't really call it budget or in the same price point as Savage.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With all this talk about Blue Force Gear...I think it's time to post Blue Force Gear Velociraptor.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

if i didnt live in communist maryland id probably get an sbr pistol caliber ar15 this year. a nice o/u cost more than i want to spend which is the only other thing i'd want.

I thought there are still ways to do an SBR in MD?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you cant get an ar in md.

Yeah you can it just has to be a heavy barrel. You think the law was well written?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thats cool. i had to sell my ar before i moved here and i forgot about the hbar thing. i don't think i'll be able to set an sbr though since i live in bmore city and the chief has to sign off on it or i do the whole trust thing.

Nope sign offs were eliminated with 41F. You just mail a notification letter. You don't need a trust either.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

A few of their models are built on old hardware from other companies. Taurus bought an old Beretta factory and continued operations with the same tooling and workers, just rebranding the product as the PT-92. I've actually heard the reliability is good, though.

Edit: Here's a pretty interesting review of the Curve.

:lol: Even Foghorn was saying its poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Eesh. Yeah, that review seems to confirm a few fears.

While not a normal strategy, does your wife react to not wanting "cheap brands and labels?"

That or show her this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_YWNo1f-o

While that's just Brazil; there was also this:
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/07/taurus_agrees_to_voluntary_rec.html
https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

I'll also say this having held both the Judge and the Governor, while both being gimmick guns, the Judge felt like a hunk of crap vs the Governor.

not caring here posted:

I, too, have always asked the question of "what if nerf and Lego made a real gun"

Wait, no I haven't.

You to can work for Kel-Tec!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

She doesn't care. She grew up on a ranch and having her clothes come from Tractor Supply, Wal Mart and places like that so she doesn't give two shits about the label on something.
Well that's not a bad thing, but in this case, if it worked, it wouldn't have been a bad outcome. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently the ATF wants to be really chill now. This is just so bizarre to read. They even talk about the rifle import ban getting junked.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7882_story.html
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/06/breaking-atf-white-paper-leaked/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also remember to HK slap it a few times to test Die Hard quality....I mean yes it's not an mp5 or hk94...but you can still do it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

loving hell, .308 is over a dollar a round here.

:canada:

And that's despite the fact you guys can get poo poo from Norinco.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'll never understand why some people think they need plate carriers. Especially garbage like Voodoo Tactical.

Tactical Girdle.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

idk but i have some old streamlight for my p-01 that i let my toddler nephew blind old people with like years ago and it was worth it and also probably because gun people will pay for it

You're a good Uncle. I mean that unironically.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i'm drunk uncle that buys him poo poo and he see's like once every like 4 years or so he's going to be a teen this year its weird.

edit: for some reason he idolizes me it sfucked up

Better the drunken one then the creepy one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syrian Lannister posted:

They are nice, I don't like the fact they only fire high velocity .22 reliably.

Yeah gun is a finicky piece of poo poo. What's the point of 22lr if your can only shoot mini mags?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I seem to recall certain electronic triggers are legal. Remington even made a gun that used one. Maybe it was just electronic primers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXAhspF5jcQ

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo didn't realize there was still another page after that last post. Sorry.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my kinda ape posted:

Maybe he stopped because he went crazy :tinfoil:

I thought he got diagnosed with MS?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Funny enough there are few places that require an FFL for black powder firearms. Not surprisingly I think New Jersey is one.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So, bump-stocks and other poo poo that facilitates high rates of fire while not technically being "automatic", Im assuming?

Essentially yes. You can also do this bouncing your finger around the trigger while holding the gun at your side. It's extremely dumb looking and makes it look like you're trying to finger bang the gun.

Truthfully when I tried a Slidefire at Shot Show in 2014, the one thing I felt was that it was a pain to control and not terribly comfortable. Though I may have been only able to use the right handed model.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 5, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Coming Summer '96: "Alien: Infinity".

Starring Kurt Russell and Keith David.

Fuuucccckkkkkk I want that to exist.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Ed Harris plays the Weyland Yutani executive who gets killed halfway through.

I feel like it should be Michael Ironside or Kurtwood Smith.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

KIRKWOOD SMITH: You listen to me! This is *my* operation, I'm in charge and I say we go after the ship!

KEITH DAVID: Motherfucker you're not in charge of a single Goddamn thing up here! We can't even get decent coffee because of your penny-pinching narrow rear end!

I am so sad this movie doesn't actually exist.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chivas :barf:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:getin:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Finally, a revolver that won't run out of ammo in Fallout

I was actually thinking something similar when I saw it for the first time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Naked Bear posted:

Looks like the 2018 NDAA has made it all the way through Congress with a provision mandating the transfer of some surplus 1911s to the CMP. :toot:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2810/text#toc-HF94B7D802A594346A14DC196D3278396

If I recall wasn’t it the same in the previous ones (or was it may vs shall) and the Secretary of the Army just held it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Looking forward to buying old beat to poo poo looser-than-your-mother 1911 with giant import marks peened into them hard enough to warp the slide.

:same:

That said much like the CMP Garlands and Carbines these won’t have import marks.

Naked Bear posted:

Yeah, it was "may" transfer up to some number, which obviously never happened.

Ah okay. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting my hopes up for nothing.