Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He probably won't enjoy shooting a 10mm much. But it's a pretty good round for that use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This seems like a good time to recommend Grizzly Man to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Apples and oranges. That is pretty great though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

what the poo poo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I loved Vermont for the week I was there.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Where the gently caress do you live?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That sent AVG off the loving rails. What is it?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That Charlie's Angels move at the end. :stare:

I especially like how they flag each other constantly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Because it violates federal law to do that.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I don't live in the state my drivers license is in. Can I buy a gun online and have it shipped to my home state then have my dad trasfer it to a dealer where I currently live?

Unless you're on orders, most states require you to get a local driver's license within 30 or 60 days.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I thought he was talking about having it shipped to another state. The ATF says to buy it in the state you live in; for their purposes, your ID card and orders showing that you're there officially meets the residency requirement. THAT is your home state, not wherever your license is from.

If you're not on orders, you're probably breaking another law by not having the right DL.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

NO

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Everything else about that show owned, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:stare:

I'm completely baffled by EVERY aspect of that video.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

So out of curiosity, who would be against adding semi automatic rifles to the NFA?

Raises uncultured paw.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh I bet that feels great on the wrist.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DoktorLoken posted:

How much worse can a full power 10mm be than a .44mag if at all? I've never fired a 10mm so.. :shrug:

No idea, but I also don't see any reason why, if I'm buying a revolver, I'd want one in loving 10mm. Everything that one can do, something else can do better and probably cheaper.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

On top from back to front is a magnifier, optic (red dot I think), laser. On the right side of the barrel is a flashlight, underneath is a vertical grip.

I need to get a magnifier.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Flikken posted:

So I just got put into a gun group on Facebook that is for "like minded" individuals with very specific instructions on how to sell a gun on the group circumventing Facebook's rules against selling gum on their website.

Should I :

A. Take screen shots of posts and report them to Facebook?

B. Invite every non white person on my friends list into said group?

C. Both

1. Wait until you see someone circumventing the law.
2. ___
3. Enjoy the drama.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What's wrong with the carbine gas system on a 16"? I think they look neat.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

especially now that multiple companies are making slim muzzle devices that you can slip a gas block over.

Dammit don't tell me that, the last thing I need is to fire up another expensive hobby.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

If I read, much less hear, another loving handgun caliber debate I'm going to take a cut-down double barrel pistol and face-gently caress these goony motherfuckers with glitter-packed shot shell handloads.

I used to be a huge non-fan of 9mm. There's been a LOT of ballistic improvement since ~2000 when I last cared to look at it. Earlier this year I started looking at compacts because I was tired of trying to pretend a full-size 1911 was a good CC weapon. Had no interest in 9mm because all of my guns are a different caliber, and I wanted something that would share. Then I compared ballistics and found that a decent defense round in 9mm will perform perfectly fine. Then I compared prices, and holy poo poo ammo is like half the price of 45.

Now I have a 9mm Shield. And I can actually afford to practice with it. And still, none of my guns share ammo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Those states would have to do something. Probably just an endorsement on a DL/state ID would do it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

at the date posted:

"The average gun owner would not shoot indiscriminately into a crowd of people" is not an argument. No one gives a poo poo about the average gun owner. We care about the few outliers who kill enough people to justify a broad-based preventative policy.

A number of people so small that a broad-based preventative policy is offensive.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

How many people do I need to slaughter to make a statistical meaningful argument that mass ban are worth it? 1000? 5000? 10k?

Because Mass bans aren't worth it

How many CC permit holders do you think commit murder each year? :confused:

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Criminals just gonna crime so :effort:

Passing another law to make murder illegal isn't going to stop any murders. Direct efforts into poverty and mental health, where it will actually help.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

What are you talking about those are exactly the people that you need to be worried about because gun owners are retarded. There should be more to getting a concealed carry license than paying :10bux:. You should be required to know basic gun laws, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, basic gun safety, and pistol marksmanship to include drawing and firing from a holster.

Both states I've gotten permits from had exactly that requirement, except one didn't have the holster bit.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 7, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We cannot allow a NERF gap.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Jesus they're $1 less than my shoes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Holy poo poo, that's a much more significant difference than I expected.

Might have to look into this further.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you don't have babby hands, Hogue grips make a big difference on a Beretta. I actually enjoy shooting my 96 quite a bit.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you look at it as a hobby, it's fine and pretty popular. I'd like to get into it myself.

Before you start shelling out $$$ for equipment, think very carefully about how much time you ACTUALLY want to dedicate to it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What the hell makes that $105 pocket knife $95 better than the identical one I've had since probably 2000?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DoktorLoken posted:

The locking mechanism and blade material. It's nice not chopping your fingers off.

I have a $3 knife with the same locking mechanism.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DoktorLoken posted:

Put it under a lot of stress or hit the back of the blade and see what happens to a $3 liner lock vs. a Spyderco. Idk if they're still made, but Spyderco makes some cheaper knives in China for like $40. Really solid knife that I'm not afraid to lose or break.

These aren't things I do. Sounds like I'm just not in the demographic for high end knives. I could buy a lifetime supply of these cheap ones for less than a mid-range Spyderco.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

The counterargument is that you wouldn't need to buy a lifetime supply of cheap knives if you bought a single decent knife.

I'm at a decade+ with the first one, so I'm ok with it. If I had ever run across problems with knives chipping or breaking with normal use, I'd spend extra to get something more durable. But I've pried, cut, etc for years and never had an issue. Maybe I lucked into a good and cheap one, I dunno. I just have a hard time imagine what people are doing any different that's making blades snap on the reg.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Carrying a full size pistol sucks, generally. I've done it with a Beretta 96 and a 1911. I had my eye on the XDS for a couple of years, but after shooting one of those and a friend's wife's Shield, I flipped and bought Shield right away.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Send those mags to some more fortunately-represented soul in another state.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Safety orange.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's part of why John Wick was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

"I swear, boss, I was just watching gun videos!"