Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Is this also where we can talk about general geardo stuff because oh boy do I need some recommendations.

Like a good plate carrier/belt setup, hearing protection stuff. And socks. Mostly socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Loving the suggestions, thanks. I had mostly been looking at SKD Tactical's stuff; my unit still issues us IBAs and I absolutely loving hate them, and while I may never get any solid use out of a plate carrier, if I really need it I want to have it.

I'm a medic with a light infantry company in a cav squadron, so I want stuff to be light and modular. Looking for a way to carry combat load of 5.56 and 9mm, a decent dump pouch for whatever, and some means to have quick access to big ticket life saving poo poo on my chest or belt (i.e. tourniquets, occlusives, so on.) I usually have two TQs, some occlusives, a 14 ga NCD needle, ETB, gauze, tape, and gloves in various mag and grenade pouches on my right chest, with six M4 mags on the left. I carry IV and airway supplies and less crucial stuff in my assault pack (and the issued one is okay but not the greatest), along with food and socks and such. I feel like a good canted holster for the belt would be good...and maybe something to hold a multitool and admin stuff somewhere. And a Camelbak that I can't rip the God drat spigot off of would be nice for once.

There's just too many options and it's all HSLD mumbo jumbo to me. That said, gonna look at the stuff you guys recommended and see what I can figure out.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
I am done the ACH in general and with NVGs mounted in specific giving me a God damned migraine. I need a better system than the awful issued pads, and I feel like counterweights are snake oil but I'm not sure. Heard good things about Team Wendy's upgraded pad systems, the rest seem gimmicky. Thoughts?

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Everything is straight issued, yeah. Is that the one with the dial on the back?

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who likes the M9. Sure, the frame safety is impossible to reach, and the DA pull needs a kickstart, but it looks mean and puts bullets where I point it.

That said, fired a buddy's P320 because one day I may actually get my hands on an M17 and hooooly poo poo is that thing snappy. I know "every time it goes bang should surprise you" for basic fundamentals and stuff, but that first round out was so sudden I nearly dropped the drat thing.