Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

chitoryu12 posted:

And we have various preventive policies, such as criminal background checks that also include past treatment in a mental hospital as a prohibition on firearms ownership. Many mass shooters have acquired their guns because of they:

1. Had no arrests or involuntary commitments due to mental illness or felonies (Anders Breivik and the Pulse and Las Vegas shooters) and thus were not prohibited possessors

2. Had someone else purchase their guns for them (the Columbine shooters), which is illegal

3. Stole their guns from someone else (Adam Lanza and just about every underage school shooter)

4. Were a prohibited possessor but poor reporting and enforcement of existing regulations allowed them to slip through the cracks (Dylann Roof and the Texas church shooter)

Additional broad legislation would do little or nothing to stop these shooters, as they either skipped around the laws entirely or were failed by flaws in the system. Many of the demands for legislation cover things that already exist, and there's no reason to believe that additional legislation is going to be enforced more than the laws already on the books.

Pulse shitbag would've been a prohibited purchaser had his wife's parents not talked her out of pressing domestic violence charges, ideally leading to a conviction. But yeah, pretty much.

My favorite bit about straw purchasers and crime is the justice department has outright admitted they don't care to prosecute them because it's too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

buy god drat good insoles

Do you have any to recommend? I've been going with the Dr. Scholls for a while and they seem to be purely ok, but could be better.

Also another endorsement for Merrells, big thanks to The Rat for putting me on to them :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kaliber posted:

I'm about to adopt my 3 nephews and have been stocking up on 22LR and 22 guns to teach them how to shoot. Just placed an order for a Henry Evil Roy. Please validate this purchase and tell me a lever action isn't dumb to teach boys under the age of 10.

If it's anything like my Evil Roy SAA it'll be really god drat slick and fast and big fun. Also lever actions own, be them rimfire

Or center fire

:ocelot::buddy:

rifles posted:

The Evil Roy is full-stocked so it won't be ideal for kids.

This is something to consider though. You might be able to swap the stock from a youth model on to the full size if need be.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

not caring here posted:

This is motherfuckin' fancy

Thanks, it's this one:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1873-short-rifle-357-magnum-38-special-20-oct-barrel.html

It's also got a ton of go fast cowboy action parts inside :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jokers Gamble posted:

Gun goals for 2018 are replacing my AR factory trigger, mount a free floating handguard (looking at the Geissele MK13) and replacing my scope with an Trijicon accupower. We'll see how they pan out.

I'm pretty happy with my 15" Troy mlok handguard:

http://www.primaryarms.com/troy-industries-15-m-lok-rail-ar15-srai-ml1-15bt-00

Plus it's on sale! :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

In follow on news its more and more likely that places like the ATF will be so underfunded that they'll be unable to enforce domestic firearms laws like the NFA for anything short of large scale arms deals.

Smaller government working for you!

*taps forehead* can't get busted making suppressors if the ATF can't afford to *prosecute

*just don't have a dog

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

mine is a bit unweildy

What up wood and bayonet and heatshield Mossberg buddy

Henrys are cool but I still don't get their aversion to loading gates on center fire rifles. On a .22 lever I don't mind having to pull the tube out to load it but there's really no excuse for it otherwise.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

What’s the consensus on a good folding knife with a blade under 3”? I finally broke the cheapo one I’d been carrying for years and am looking to upgrade.

Benchmade Mini-griptilian? You can even customize them!

http://customknife.benchmade.com/knives/

Slap some zazz on your knife :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

Real question: whats a non-ugly handgun?
also why would i get one over a more utilitarian one?

I'm pretty happy with my S&W 27-2

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

rich people guns are weird

Drilling and vierling guns are loving radical

When you want a bird, a deer, and maybe take a pop at a discarded soda can but don't feel like swapping guns

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Rat posted:

You could always use a rail that attaches to the standard barrel nut like one from Troy. Dremel off the delta ring and front sight tower, slap the rail in.

That's what I did, with this forend specifically:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058159027/troy-industries-m-lok-battle-rail-free-float-handguard-ar-15-aluminum

Took some time to shave off the bayonet lug from the gas block with a dremel but beyond that installation was pretty quick and painless.

So much better than the old Daniel Defense quad rail I had on there for ages :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

Counterpoint: NFA is dumb as gently caress

Just gonna distill that down to the essentials

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

How lovely/not-lovely are those Troy rails that?

Mine feels good. No wiggle or wobble or anything, the only tricky bit was sliding the little mounting tab things that interface with the barrel nut in place so I could screw them down.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Force de Fappe posted:

Slaanesh pink :unsmigghh:

yesss

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Is 3-gun just an excuse to cosplay for these loving nerds?

3 gun ain't got poo poo on cowboy action for dressup shenanigans :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Also didn't 2-gun come about as a result of people not really digging shotguns and realizing they super rarely use them in these scenarios cause why would you not use a rifle instead?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It's a start, but you need to go bigger.

:haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

old S&W wheelguns are super rad, that's a great purchase. I told myself no more gun purchases this year (I should post mine in here too, I guess) but that price is extremely tempting. And my collection does need a revolver...

:sweatdrop:

While that Model 10 sure is nice, there's also the 27 option :q:

Good luck finding a 27 for Model 10 prices, though :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Rat posted:

Went up to Emmaline lake today for the 4th of July holiday. Managed to get out before the storm rolled in.

<extremely radical scenery>

Hot drat these are good, keep going dude :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

lol I know those guns and pictures, there's more of the series floating around

Internet Wizard posted:

Week 2 of civilian life after leaving California:

Got back most of my magazines I had to leave with family when I got stationed in CA, took off my bullet buttons, and made myself a workbench/standing bench.

Gonna start wandering around the woods on the farm this week looking for a nice spot to set up a range.

Also I need to get better lighting.

Heck yeah :toot: I half want one of those Magpul drums for funsies, but $130 for one is a bit much.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Rat posted:

Welp here it is with the Magpul kit on it.

This owns huge, drat

Me: Man if I ever get another shotgun I'll just get a drat Benelli or somethin I already got a low capacity gimmick 12 gauge
Ian: Hey guys, thanks for tuning in to another episode of Cool poo poo I'm Holding
Me: :swoon:

EBB posted:

just punch every target and the judges

Upon completion of course of fire, shooter consumes the berserker power up (a cherry kool aid or whatever so long as it's red) and has sixty seconds to punch as many of the speed bag targets at possible. One point for each hit, three points for each bag that slaps top of the bag stand. Bonus points to shooter that shouts a good line from the Doom comic.

Also at one point Omar packed a Mossberg 590 with a heatshield and hell yeah that's the good poo poo

:omarcomin:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Came across this video in the 40K thread, because apparently we're now building real-life bolters, but what blew my mind in this is the legal jibberjabber this guy runs off at the beginning of it.

"It's a :airquote:firearm:airquote:, not an SBS/PDR/SBA/whateverthefuck, so it's a "no tax-stamp", and because it's under 10lbs, it's not a destructive device. But you definitely can't shoulder it, because that's illegal, so you need to run hotter rounds.

See here? You can :airquote:cheek-weld:airquote: it, which is definitely not shouldering, or you could fire it from the hip, but no shouldering, no siree."

What in the gently caress is going on legally with this thing/dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7krlrcGtms

/edit:

That gentlemen has a couple of 88s too many in his name for my taste

This is a drawn out way to play I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU SEE SEE with the ATF in respect to garbage laws enacted in 1934 to gently caress over poor people by making a gun that is an inch too short a felony item or requiring a $200 tax stamp if you wanna be legal.

Also if someone gets one of those things and doesn't feed it a strict diet of full brass hulls they're loving up