Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Are all the good red dots disposable batteries or am I just not searching hard enough for one that can be used from a nice usb charger?

Not technically a red dot, but Vortex has a new Eotech knock off that has a micro USB port for charging. They're supposed to start shipping sometime this spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I thought that was the whole point of sound amplifying electronic muffs? To be able to hear conversation when you double up foamies underneath?

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I seem to recall reading that there were a spate of counterfeit Howard Leight muffs sold through Amazon in the last year. If you've got a pair from them and they seem funky, you might have some recourse.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

It's actually kind of entertaining to see old folks doing dumb poo poo. It helps to remind me that even when people look like they should know better, they often don't.

I can't help but associate the grandpa type with knowing what the gently caress was up every which way. Cause my Gramps did, and he fuckin owned.

To keep this gun related the same Gramps was indignant to learn that at 13 years of age I did not own my own shotgun and promptly drove me down to the local sporting goods store and dropped me off at home with a Mossberg 12ga pump and a box of both bird and buckshot.