Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I've quite often had ITAD notify me of deals for games that turn out to be other, worse games. Right now on my wishlist I have a game called Buccaneers, and ITAD thinks I'm talking about a DLC for Port Royale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

The problem is that ITAD tracks a bunch of sites and most of them aren't tracking games by their steam id number, so it just kind of has to guess.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

The thing is that LLM NPCs can't meaningfully engage with the world, so anything you do with them doesn't matter. Take that unreal demo video, one of the first things the AI does is suggest that you explore the city together, but it can't actually do that with you. It can't advance the story in an RPG, or give you items, or do anything it wasn't programmed to do.

LLMs were interesting when they were new and did funny and weird language stuff, but now they just spit out boring stuff of questionable validity and my eyes just glaze over when I realize I'm reading it, because I know it isn't going to matter and I'm effectively just looking at static.