Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Algo pricing run amok?

I ran across In a search of a new home and Magic War today. Both are priced at $24.99. The price histories are interesting, though.

Magic War:

In a search of a new home:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

HBDIE: The Nonce 2

quote:

1 Month after the incident when streamer hbdie_ had touched a child and got sentenced to prison in a Dover prison. Will you get found?
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256899562/movie480_vp9.webm
96% positive based on 25 user reviews, because of course it is.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Shining Jump Jump

quote:

Yggdra Resonanc (old Shining Maiden)'s cute girl jumping game~!
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256890200/movie480_vp9.webm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Isn't that the wishlist icon?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I would say, go to a therapist, but I'm afraid that may be a dead end at this point

Looks like they tried.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Burger Butt

quote:

Burger Butt is a casual, side-scrolling, survival game where you dodge traps like lasers and missiles. How do you dodge? By sharting of course! You do this all while wearing silly hats and collecting coins to unlock even more hats!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Sperma

quote:

Experience a roguelite in a fashion you never asked for. Command a fleet of brave spermoids, upgrade your load, and save the world by getting fertilized!
I think this goes here.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I've been seeing recommendations for a lot of games that cost exactly $1 and all have 10 positive reviews from accounts that only own 1 or 2 games. seel35games and didlstudio came up today, but there've probably been others. I guess the goal here is just to make money off people who are willing to buy something that looks questionable if it's cheap, but who knows?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Terrible Awful Games: God only knows how this even got on my wishlist

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

BloodRain publishing is a purveyor of the finest shovelware. They've released a game almost every week this year and they all look like utter garbage. The only saving grace they have is that they're cheap.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Refund Me If You Can : Lexy's Story

quote:

By agreeing to only refund the game if you finish it within two hours, you prove yourself a brave and noble hero.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ELDEN BLING

quote:

After overdosing on fentanyl, Tyrone is granted a second chance at life. Seek the ELDEN BLING, powerful artifacts once belonging to the Pharaohs themselves, and rewrite your destiny...
Tyrone here is a returning character from CUCKOLD SIMULATOR.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The shovelware manufactures have apparently decided that a 100% positive rating is implausible, so now they're going for mixed reviews. Today I got Jungle Bomb Fever and Slayser, both of which are $59.00 and have exactly 50% positive ratings. I saw another one the other day, but obviously I didn't track it, because who actually wants to remember this crap? The reviews are the most generic things possible, which I guess is designed to fool incredibly gullible people.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I would not be shocked if shovelware devs were turning to generative AI to write game descriptions.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Seems like something that'll be deeply discounted for the winter sale.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

repiv posted:

what if [public domain IP] but dark and twisted and hosed up? wouldn't that be epic

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1741858189904109781

It's a Nazi game:

https://twitter.com/AnoriandGD/status/1742202733627604994

There's more in the thread. Any particular reference could be a coincidence but there would have to be a lot of coincidences for this not to be intentional.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Alex Jones: NWO Wars

The OFFICIAL Alex Jones video game. Don't be fooled by imitators.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

As a general rule, the hardest things for computers to do are the things that we're so good at that we don't have to think about how we do them. We're making progress but we still have a long ways to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

REMINGTON, the A.I.