Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

FirstAidKite posted:

Frantically typing out "ARE YOU OKAY" over and over

As a Talim player, let me just say :emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

$130 for "asteroids but the gun is controlled by your mic so you have to say 'pif paf' out loud to shoot"

This reminds me of a way more obnoxious version of the old card game Mag Blast, where when you played an attack card you had to make "pew pew" noises or the attack didn't work. It was in the rule book.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Great Beer posted:

There was this water gun in the 90s that you wore on your head and shouted FIRE to get it to squirt. This sounds like it would be fun for about as long.

Also who approved a product that resulted in children running around yelling Fire?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure any loud sound triggered it, so most kids probably ran around yelling "FART" and "rear end" into the thing.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The publisher's name "Game Mill" does not inspire confidence. It evokes the term "puppy mill" more than anything else, and all that that entails.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s a new Walking Dead game out.

It’s uh…definitely a thing.

https://i.imgur.com/lXlT3R3.gifv

https://youtu.be/FY2RuSAXgk0?si=-ffuhbHPE714v_k5

"Kill your friend"

This is a game for serious grown-ups.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The development of this game is probably part of why we still haven't gotten the Alex Jones painting show that Dan Friesen desperately wants to hear and make fun of. Boooooo

Also, the game looks like it has all of the depth and complexity of a free Flash game from 2005. I mean, that's more that I would have expected, but that's not saying much.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

watho posted:

i thought it was gonna be a shut up and jam gaiden type thing but then i saw the trailer and ah. hm. like even if he's making fun of himself he's still gotta make money off it and that's when it stops being funny

I reported it on Steam (for whatever that's worth) and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Someone posted AI art in the Disco Elysium thread a little while back and hoo boy is that the wrongest thread for that poo poo. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I wish Disco Elysium was a horse so it would think of ____****ANTS****____ and die

Listen, I'm sorry you got hurt by a chair or shot a child or died trying to get your necktie or whatever, but you being bad at it doesn't make the game's writing terrible. Also, if you're the kind of person that doesn't laugh at dying to an uncomfortable chair, then the game and jokes in general and whatnot just aren't for you.

More to the point about AI:

Even if we give the AI the benefit of the doubt that it will actually work correctly, the whole idea presented in that sample is flawed. What is the point of NPCs in games? The more major ones are vehicles for plot, but most are just functionary parts of gameplay. The first NPC you run into in Final Fantasy just says, "Welcome to Corneria!" They never say anything else. But why would we want them to? They did their loving job by giving a name to this place you find yourself in. That's it, and that's good. We don't need to have a (bizarre, poorly-rendered) facsimile of a real conversation with them. We shouldn't even want to. This idea is asking us to stand there and have a back-and-forth conversation with some AI dipshit just to get that one nugget of setting information, at best. It's adding little bits of tedium everywhere just for the novelty of saying, "this game has AI dialogue!"