Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just installed Little Witch in the Woods cause it seems like a fun Stardew-esque game to relax with. I am going to regret asking this, but what the gently caress is "Cunny"?

From everyone's reactions I'm guessing it's not good, and so I don't really want to google that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Reddit is full of pedophiles, gotcha.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, yes, but I think we're talking about Twitter.

Wow, I totally forgot the thread I was in, it seemed to fit so perfectly in the Reddit bad thread. Apparently the game is good tho? I still want to play it, I just might avoid like, anything online that isn't a guide.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Wait, wait, I thought it was just witch themed Stardew Valley? When did that change? I saw it when it was first announced in early access and haven't kept track since. It's now Dark Souls but creepy (in a bad way)? What happened?

EDIT: OH gently caress. I thought Little Witch NoBeta meant public release of Little Witch in the Woods. I was honestly upset thinking the Witch Stardew game was made bad.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The most practical use would be to give an NPC a specific style of talking (or 'voice') and just have generic blocks of text with information essentially translated.

"The key is in Dr. Mogwai's room. He took it after an argument with his wife." gets all prettied up with whatever way the NPC talks.

You can't really do meaningful dynamic quests or whatever because generating some clump of text is one thing, dynamically creating in world poo poo based on it that makes sense is a whole other game.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
People want to infuse AI into games for the same reason people were obsessed with procedural generation in games: they want a forever game that will have infinite content always.

Like that's basically been the pitch every time I've seen AI in games suggested, whether in those words or not. Full conversations in the fly, aka infinite dialogue. Get an AI to make up new weapon types or damage types on the fly, aka infinite content, etc etc

History repeats itself, time is a flat circle, and I could go for a milkshake tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think someone mentioned that already and I don't know, I never played Chrono Cross, I was just trying to think of *some* application that wasn't like, an answer in search of a solution.