Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I'm just reminded of River City Girls having a room in the yakuza HQ where there's a big stack of money and a bunch of washing machines, as they are literally laundering money.

I think I would be mad if it didn't have this pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

How are you guys not raving about the video that plays on the storefront with giant feet coming out of hyperspace and descending to the planet in beautiful podiatric triumph?

Obviously every artist needs this tool!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Since it's the topic, that new Suck Up game seems like it would be a great use case for language bots, if it's not using them. Something mechanically focused on having conversations is a fun idea.

I know more about the art bots, because that's my wheelhouse, is it really that hard to keep the language ones on task? Like, you can't restrict the facts it has access to, or set it to to have positive and negative reactions to certain stimuli?

I'm rather radically negative regarding most use cases for AI, but using it within its own scope and creating games that play to its strengths seems the least obnoxious use case. Not every game needs ray tracing, procedural generation or crafting mechanics, but there are plenty that make good use of these. It shouldn't replace games with actual writing, but if the game is intentionally structured to use the ai in a fun way that doesn't tax it with impossible tasks, I think you could do some cute things with it.

Of course, marketing people and other slime think every new tool is a hammer, and you know what happens when you give a guy one of those.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

repiv posted:

Explain 1

I don't have anything cogent to add, I just want to thank you both for explaining complex concepts like this so well.

It's really interesting to me that I can post from a tiny computer in my hand, but a basic chat ai is still so hard to create and control. Like, we've come so far, but there's still so much that's beyond us.