Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Awful Steam Games Megathread: Nudity, Action, Adventure, Indie

Also works for the awful mods thread now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
There should be a "please don't judge" after that

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Furi Is getting one more boss fight in March for 4 bucks. I don't care, I'm taking this offer

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I played VA-11-Hall-A, it's my first Visual Novel. loving loved it, the writing was really good, and I appreciated it for what it was and amount of people that made it. Now Steam is just showering me with recommendations for sakura and other visual novels and poo poo. I figure what the hell, be open, let's look at one. big screen saying CLANNAD

Aaaand then I backed away. What the hell is this, and why is it 50 bucks?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Vargatron posted:

VA-11-Hall-A is a pretty good VN, but was developed by a western studio I think. But yeah it's got good writing for what it is.

Sorry for the anime/VN derail guys.

Is there no review or quality control to Steam Greenlight games at all? Jesus gently caress you could publish your vore/diaperfur "game" independently outside of Steam if you wanted. I would have to have a child and explain to them why the cutesy furry game is Adults Only.

I suppose it is Western, as in it was made by two people in Venezuela. I'm also from there, so I'm a little sympathetic about it all, I hope those guys make it out someday, poo poo has already been worse by miles.

I think this is kinda relevant to the thread because I had no idea these games were so goddamn good, and I kinda missed out on stuff like Brigadoor or Enemy StarfighterHouse of the Dying sun, Furi when it came out because the next day, a dozen lovely awful games would come out just completely wipe it out from the popular new releases

seeing bloody boobs on the list was my "gently caress it, i give up" moment

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 13, 2017

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress all the recent releases

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So I finished Shadowrun:Dragonfall. That was actually a pretty engaging story, It kept me going. Even though I'm a fan of small victories over over-arching world destroying figures that must be stopped, I am finding it real hard to be interested in Shadowrun:Hong Kong. The gently caress is up with that?

I'm hoping that by being interested enough to complete these Isometric RPG games that I seriously don't have time for anymore, maybe I can work on the ones I spent a ton of money and played for 20 goddamn minutes, like Wasteland 2 and Divinity:Original Sin.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Palpek posted:

Sir, you diaper pony game has arrived.

Joy Pony

:cry:

Why goddamnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Those review quotes are fuckin' magical.