Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
This turned up in my queue
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1780060/Megacraft_Hentai_Apocalipsis/

I'm usually not bothered by smut games, people be horny, let people be horny, but man this is a double-whammy of the Generic Asset Flip Zombie Survival Game #2,557,006 but with collectable smut. Why. Why not just make an actual smut game instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Doesn't the ignore button explicitly state that ignoring a thing will not affect what the ALGORITHM decides to show you, it just will never show you that specific thing again?

Ah, yeah:

steam posted:

How is selecting ‘Ignore’ different from just going to the next item?
Selecting ‘Ignore’ on a product in your Discovery Queue lets Steam know that you don’t want to see that product in any featured area or recommendations (it may still show up in areas such as ‘Popular New Releases’). It does not change what kind of games will be recommended to you.

Also I've found like a good dozen or so games through steam-queue that I'd have never found otherwise, yeah the majority are duds but given the sheer absurd size of the catalogue, yeah, makes sense. The interactive recommender tends to get better hits for finding stuff than the queue, but is static based on your library/playtime/whatever so it'll always give you the same results everytime.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Nonce is British slang for pedophile, that's all I got.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Hipster Occultist posted:

Is that game out/still in active development? It's been a while since I've heard anything regarding it

Last update was over a year ago but it's been finished for a bit longer than that, it's ending tail of updates were mostly just small qol/bugfixes. So yeah, it's out and done as it stands. It also has a modding community, so there's some nice fan made stuff to add.

I believe there's a sequel, My Winter Car, currently in the works, but don't know if that was just hearsay or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
My biggest issue with Survive is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to properly start over without buying a new copy on a new account.