Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

lazorexplosion posted:

I would stay the gently caress away from blue shell beach.

Just stay slightly in second place and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well, don't keep us in suspense. Who wins?!

The Steam refund system.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Ekster posted:

Did he just assume that car's gender.

Ha ha! You did the meme! Now do "triggered" and you will be a true lord of comedy!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

I said it before, I'll say it again- why bother playing a game if you want to see naughty bits? I can kind of understand it if you can customize the characters, but if you're playing with presets, why go through all that effort? The Internet's right there whether you're into 3D or 2D, after all. Am I just lazy?

If the internet has taught me anything, it's to never doubt the breadth and depth of ways people get horned up.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

You forgot the best line:

I'm just imagining the creator leering about "the mosssst delectable of curvessss," with hissing and spitting on the sibilants, because in my head he's both a terrible nerd-perv and a snake person.

My favorite part is "it is said", as though this is a mythical booty creature spoken of only in legends.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Guy Mann posted:

So I finally encountered one of those lovely thousands of achievements games in the wild: Viewpoints, which I won in a SteamGifts giveaway.

It's even shadier than I was expecting because the way that it works is that it has a timer counting down from 2:30:00 and when it reaches zero (which is comfortably past the two hour cutoff for losing refundability) then a little button pops up and clicking it makes you get all ~8000 achievements at once.

Now I'm curious how the Steam refund cutoff has affected the design of regular games. It seems like something the pencil-pushers would be intensely concerned with.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I always wondered what 'Tankies' were in politics threads, and now I know!

Only if the next line of dialogue is the main character saying, "But invading Crimea is what I love about you!"

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/MallowyGoodness/status/921718275830173696

(I have no idea what game that is but there's a whole thread of screencaps if you click through. Highlights include a dedicated "sorry" button and a catgirl saying she loves sand "for reasons I can and cannot tell you about.")

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

I've never played this thing, but the wiki for this game (of course it has a wiki) describes sex scenes for each of the romance candidates -- just a paragraph or so, but definitely not joke sex scenes. Is that crazy-rear end wiki fanfiction?

I looked this up because I don't value my time, and it's the standard Steam situation where they exist but you have to either get the game from somewhere else or download a patch from the web to get to them.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Scaramouche posted:

The LP forum suddenly vindicated

Intriguingly moe...

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Reality Winner posted:

Also there's an Egyptian frog god Kek.

Who was also referred to as "Kuk".

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Bonus points for making the tagline for a game about sexually induced interdimensional teleportation, "Stop the earth! I'm getting off!"

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

quantcum leap

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Gross, Limeys.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

IF Bubsy could get a reboot, maybe now it's the Cheetahmen's turn.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

My favorite SakuraGame story is that one of their games crashes partway through because they machine translated the entire source code and variable names were translated different ways in different places.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

il_cornuto posted:

Wait what? I thought Jim Sterling was pretty vocally anti-nazi?

Edit: Oh, he dressed up sort of like a fake nazi at the start of the video I guess. Though given the name, I would have figured he was going for more of a modern inquisition type thing. He did make a good point about it being really weird that Valve can get away with selling some of the more offensive stuff on Steam though, and the quotes from indie developers about how all the crap makes it harder for good indies to be successful highlighted an aspect I hadn't really given much thought. There's a lot of good footage of terrible games too!

It's understandable that people would get the wrong impression the one time out of a hundred that someone using Nazi iconography ironically was actually legitimately doing it for satirical purposes and not as a smokescreen.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Ah, so that's what the Demon Rush guy has been up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The White Dragon posted:

the thing about people who want to ♥♥♥♥ garfield is that they're rarely being ironic