Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

lol if you think there's only two

But no that ones about ships being crewed by anime girls, no anthropomorphism

Oh so it's a cheap knockoff of the one about tanks, but about ships instead.

Back on topic, saw this pop up on twitter yesterday:
https://twitter.com/GREENLIGHTGOLD/status/954849876440854529
And I loved how not only is it an asset flip, but they just flat out stole the Overwatch logo and cut a chunk out of it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Play posted:

there's this first person melee combat game with titties and penises and vaginas called Succubus that just got fully released. not sure if it's really supposed to be horny or just edgy

Why play Succubus when you can play 'Succubus With Guns'?

I swear the asset flippers aren't even trying any more

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

repiv posted:

monke.exe

It certainly has big "this was meant to be an NFT game until the bubble burst so we hurried to make it based on a public domain property instead" vibes.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

It didn't actually use them as "countermeasures" either, which was the bigger problem with the system. It was just a hidden progress bar that switched helmets on once you hit a certain amount and it never turned off afterward, so even if you never got another headshot for the rest of the game you'd still have enemies wearing helmets. You'd just eventually turn everything on by around the halfway mark of the game no matter your playstyle, and then it was just busywork sending out the missions to temporarily disable the stuff that did affect your style.

One of the more interesting things I saw someone do with ChatGPT in a game was to plug it into Barotrauma and let it act as a Game Master. It didn't send messages directly to players, it instead got sent the text chat as well as a list of actions people had taken, and it could spawn objects/enemies, heal/hurt people, teleport them, and so on in response. If it hadn't cost them actual loving money to run the thing, I could see a more fleshed-out version being a more interesting version of Left4Dead's "Director".

Back onto the topic of Terrible Awful Games, was that MGS5 survival game spinoff as bad as it was made out to be? All I remember about it was seeing a video of the guy playing it just sitting at a short length of chainlink fence, poking zombies to death who couldn't figure out to path around it.