Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Another new Boston member here. I'm living upstate atm so I won't be able to get to Boston proper often but I'll be at the 101 meeting next week.

OhFunny posted:

This came up on an organizing call last Friday. A woman in northeastern Mass. was interested in starting a local chapter, but was nervous about "stepping on the Boston DSA's toes". She was told to go for it. That the Boston DSA would be happy to see another chapter in the state and that's it important to have chapters in the communities where you live working on local issues.

This would be very, very welcomed, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

logikv9 posted:

:siren: Hello DSA thread. :siren: Your lovely OP has organized a gangtag for those of you who have donated a minimum of $5 to the DSA, if you choose to have it.

If you would like it, please quote this post along side proof of a donation of sufficient quantity. Proof can be simply quoting an older post you made previously that itself contained donation proof, or if you are a new donor that wants it, quote this post alongside proof of that donation.

I can nearly guarantee that your title will be safe and sound underneath your avatars within five (5) business days, or whenever I check this thread, really. :hai:

It's always fun doing this and then wondering what parts actually need mosaicing

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

SomeMathGuy posted:

I was gonna say, they might want to consider some rebranding.

Did accelerationism as we know it originate on the internet? I like this definition a lot better and I agree with a lot thats being said here but it's not the tenets I was taught by speed-racer.gif.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Internet Explorer posted:

... You think not posting the registration link to DSA RocketChat on SA is going to stop the FBI from infiltrating the DSA? :shepface:

If they wanna be there they'll get there, but best make them put some effort into it at least.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

ChickenOfTomorrow you seem like a super-good person and I am glad you are willing to post in this thread about this sort of thing, it might not be the most important issue of the day but it needs to be addressed sooner than later. It avails us nothing not to believe victims and address their problems. Regardless of if the people responsible are representative of the DSA or not, it's important to show unequivocally that we will not stand for it.

I would hope anyone who is still scared off after that finds their own way to action, even if it's not with the DSA. Speaking personally, I've spent too long telling myself not to get involved with this thing or that because I didn't like the people involved. So far it's been a great way to watch the world burn while I did jack poo poo. I joined the DSA because it was the biggest and fastest growing, and I felt and feel mass action is the only way forward. That's not to say we should excuse lovely people. It means those people will always show up eventually and we can't shrink away because of it, we just have to be ready to confront and deal with them when they pop up.

Of course I'm still super new and don't have rocketchat access so everything I've said could be talking out my rear end or already addressed. :shrug: