Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

no, i really am relating my friend's words, i didn't have the time to go. i might try when these become a regular occurrence but i can think of a lot of comrades who should get a seat before i do

i mean it is good to know that some of the people who went got something out of it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trotsky was an MI6 agent

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

and because he was an MI6 agent

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I guess Trotskyists don't like being reminded of that true fact

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

There's a bunch of "leftists" who are basically like if you took someone with vaguely left-wing values, but created their understanding of history and the world entirely from capitalist propaganda. So you end up with people who might be "communist," but also believe the most influential historical communists are all bad because their understanding of history/reality was derived from living in the imperial core.

they are "basically like" that because that's exactly what happened to them, they have been propagandized from childhood to only hear the bad things about anyone to the left of Nixon and to scrub out all the anti-capitalist things from anyone too big to be erased under that model.