Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I joined the day of the election. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just respond with his address

Or his family.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Put me in OP for Wisconsin.

E: And yes, I pay dues

Hilario Baldness has issued a correction as of 05:45 on Feb 11, 2017

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

DSA people who think the Dems can be reclaimed should carefully study what happened to the Rainbow/PUSH coalition between 1984, when Jesse Jackson ran for president on a platform of multiracial social democracy (at the helm of an energized left wing coalition that even included Maoist factions), to 1992 when Bill Clinton won the general election thanks in no small part to Jackson's leftist activists, to 1994 when the same Bill Clinton signed the crime bill and enacted welfare reform.

This time a million. It'd be nice to inherit a name brand, but in the wake of the November defeat they've become completely delusional and don't acknowledge the shift in political landscape (Pelosi: "I don't think people want a new direction." "We're capitalist, and that's just the way it is."). Instead of reaching out to the unions and civil organizations, the DNC leadership sought new donors and went on fancy retreats. There was a brief moment where ridiculous change could have happened, but that moment passed with no change to speak of.

The Democratic party currently exists as the Republican party's flank defender. Look at the primary. Bernie's quasi-leftist movement didn't get the chance to go against the Republicans, as the entire DNC (save for a few, forward thinking members of congress) fought him tooth and nail. They red baited their asses off.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Should somehow tie with the Sanderista gang tag

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bernie woulda Won

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Goon Danton posted:

I was thinking of suggesting a "very unsubtle movies about capitalism" film night for my local. They Live would be the obvious pick.

There Will Be Blood is the best answer. Man who gains the wealth of the world but in so doing, loses his soul.

American Beauty has a fairly scathing portrayal of culture under capitalism and the liberation of a man who (temporarily) breaks free of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They'll get most of those cats back, and if Jacobin runs a big thing on the candidates that were elected they'll get a lot more.