Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

The shotgun in the new resident evil is satisfying and probably my favorite gun in the game.

Have you tried the one you can fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

Have you tried the one you can fix

You can fix it?!?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

You can fix it?!?

Yeah, but as far as I can tell you can only fix it on madhouse and you can only fix either the shotgun or the pistol. I'm running through the game on easy with x ray glasses and at over halfway through I haven't found a repair kit

I was really wrong but the repair kits are hard to find. I have the cheat item that shows where items are and I didnt find them. On madhouse one is in a way easier place to reach. It's cool that in mixing up monster and item locations for madhouse they kinda give you a break in some spots and go insane in others

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 1, 2017

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Skylark posted:

Tower of Power in Halo2 ftw.

this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

X-COM Enforcer was bad but had some respectable shotgun feels.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Action Half Life ftmfw

Hell yeah baby

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Combat Shotgun in Killing Floor is usually awful. But on the Moonbase level... Well, see for yourself.

https://youtu.be/nqH1x4l3LjQ

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Custom Shotgun from Resident Evil 2 and the Doom 2 Super Shotgun are pretty much my gold standards for a Proper Game Shotgun

It should just feel like a wall of loud death in your hands, a workhorse crowdkiller with enough kickback to make your arms twinge

Fallout NV was really fun with a modded sawn-off that shot both barrels at once with super ammo in a bigger spread, that felt proper, and the RE7 repaired shotgun is pretty up to snuff too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Squeezy Farm posted:

F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a shotgun in titanfall 2 that shoots a horizontal wall of instakill pellets and you can use the kickback to adjust your trajectory mid jump

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

There's a shotgun in titanfall 2 that shoots a horizontal wall of instakill pellets and you can use the kickback to adjust your trajectory mid jump

You can also bend the pellets with the gravity grenade. And there's a handheld version of it too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antoine Silvere posted:

You can also bend the pellets with the gravity grenade. And there's a handheld version of it too

the Mozambique is awesome. Didn't know about the gravity thing though wow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shout out to in training and intrainings friend who got robbed live during a game of titan fall

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

Shout out to in training and intrainings friend who got robbed live during a game of titan fall

thats a goomba stomp

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

there was a super OP shotgun in Battlefield 1 (as per usual) that was a lot of fun, but it got nerfed unfortunately. it was fun for the opening months of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the 2142 murder shottie never got nerfed, it 1-shot any1 not wearing heavy armor, and if you aimed for the neck area it oneshot anyone from a pretty generous range. i remember a frag vid set to james dio for it lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

thats a goomba stomp

Word

Blue Raider posted:

there was a super OP shotgun in Battlefield 1 (as per usual) that was a lot of fun, but it got nerfed unfortunately. it was fun for the opening months of the game

I remember the AA12 explosive rounds in BF3 were so insanely good they made it a special pick up weapon in 4 lol

The slug in 1 can score collateral kills on hard core

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frank.club posted:

i had to look it up, but the big deal shotty in BF3 was the saiga 12k. the semi auto killing machine

the monster in battlefield 1 was the model 10 hunter until the last patch. it had godly range.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

i had to look it up, but the big deal shotty in BF3 was the saiga 12k. the semi auto killing machine

the monster in battlefield 1 was the model 10 hunter until the last patch. it had godly range.

the shot guns in bf1 are still fairly good, sometimes the insta kill range feels very iffy but they're fun to use

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

Word

I remember the AA12 explosive rounds in BF3 were so insanely good they made it a special pick up weapon in 4 lol

even better was the underslung shotgun assault could get where it was glitched that each pellet did the same damage as a round from the rifle you were using. the :dice: emote gets some good milage

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Black August posted:

The Custom Shotgun from Resident Evil 2 and the Doom 2 Super Shotgun are pretty much my gold standards for a Proper Game Shotgun

It should just feel like a wall of loud death in your hands, a workhorse crowdkiller with enough kickback to make your arms twinge

Fallout NV was really fun with a modded sawn-off that shot both barrels at once with super ammo in a bigger spread, that felt proper, and the RE7 repaired shotgun is pretty up to snuff too

Thanks for reminding me that New Vegas actually had some really fun to use guns, which is frankly shocking considering the engine they had to make it in.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Squeezy Farm posted:

F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon

Oh man, using slow mo with the shotgun and grenades...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Walrus Pete posted:

Thanks for reminding me that New Vegas actually had some really fun to use guns, which is frankly shocking considering the engine they had to make it in.

even unmodded, the riot shotgun is very, very good.

new vegas also managed to make fun perks, instead of FO4's boring rear end 20%+ damage, and all of the shotgun related perks turn you into a murder machine. plus there's all the custom ammo, like dragon's breath, or coinshot.

a shotgun toting small guns guy is a great build to take through the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Would feel pretty good to go into Garry Parrish's workplace and blast the manager in the face with a shotgun, and then make Garry kneel on the ground and look at me as I aimed the shot gun at his head lmfao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Would feel pretty good to go into Garry Parrish's workplace and blast the manager in the face with a shotgun, and then make Garry kneel on the ground and look at me as I aimed the shot gun at his head lmfao.

lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
basically you would be aiming the gun an inch above the floor!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chad Kroger posted:

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah. Don't forget the DMC shotguns as well.

I don't really like the RE7 shotgun though.

have u tried the double barrel in 7? its a lot better than the stock one but i like that one too. good shotgun

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Akimbo 1887's.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

anything that gets hit by it evaporates

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Raymond Hog posted:

have u tried the double barrel in 7? its a lot better than the stock one but i like that one too. good shotgun

Nah, never found a repair kit. The big reason I disliked the basic shotgun was that it had 4 max ammo.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Nah, never found a repair kit. The big reason I disliked the basic shotgun was that it had 4 max ammo.

The over under has 2 but it has pretty accurate modeling for range. On madhouse it would drop molded at range, im sure it's a one hit on normal

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I forgot one of my fondest memories was loving around with a Gameshark on RE2, with one supercode letting you swap weapons on the fly with different button combo inputs

But it'd mess up easily and end up doing stuff like combining weapon effects

In one case, Ada's handgun got the properties of the custom shotgun, meaning she could pop out a massive wall of death with like 3 megashots a second

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-IwzmuRMo&t=20s the Depezador in EYE was the ultimate workhorse til armored enemies started showing up with the 30 round drum and OHKs out to mid range. You'd always get a full clip when you grabbed ammo off enemies so you could save weight by not carrying extra ammo. Always loved the sound effect on it but I'm not as discerning as some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHeAi9PRDlk&t=135s The stupid dual shotties were probably the closest thing to a BFG in this game. Fond memories of two shotting people across the map in MP.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DisDisDis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-IwzmuRMo&t=20s the Depezador in EYE was the ultimate workhorse til armored enemies started showing up with the 30 round drum and OHKs out to mid range. You'd always get a full clip when you grabbed ammo off enemies so you could save weight by not carrying extra ammo. Always loved the sound effect on it but I'm not as discerning as some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHeAi9PRDlk&t=135s The stupid dual shotties were probably the closest thing to a BFG in this game. Fond memories of two shotting people across the map in MP.

Robot Randy posted:

turning feds into ground chuck with the betty boom/depezador

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seems i need to give this game another shot lmao

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Red dead redemption :worship:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

extremebuff posted:

seems i need to give this game another shot lmao

later in the game you run around shooting down dropships w a revolver and taking on cyberdemons w a nuke hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EYE is great and im disappointed that the warhammer game the devs went on to make is apparently really bad and boring

• Locked thread