Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

EYE is great and im disappointed that the warhammer game the devs went on to make is apparently really bad and boring

it still is great, friend.

coop is fun too but it really takes the kiddie gloves off and ressurectors are shared so you have a lot less room to gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
idk im a huge fan of scout's scattergun

super satisfying

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

unpleasantly turgid posted:

super satisfying

please get a different avatar, and title text + a new name as well

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I've never played EYE. It looks interesting though. The jokes and memes surrounding it are absolutely inscrutable.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I've never played EYE. It looks interesting though. The jokes and memes surrounding it are absolutely inscrutable.
That's less intentional and more just a product of the source material. I know Games people love to make mundane boring games sound crazee and insane because of minor quirks but EYE is actually just completely bonkers, it's great. It goes on sale for like £1 constantly and has 16-player co-op where you all have miniguns, take the plunge

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah when i played the game i immediately thought "this is the work of a completely insane person" but in an oddly good way. there are also legit very cool ideas in it that no one sane could've come up with or figured out how to program

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's not perfect, there's a lot of jankiness in it, but you also have an unprecedented level of freedom on how to build your dude, often in hilariously game breaking ways. i gave up on it because some new game came out or something but yeah, the game is an experience for sure

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

I've got an extra copy of EYE left over from a gift pack if you want to try it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

theres not a lot anyone can say that will make the game less insane, its definitely up there with hotline miami as a gaming experience though

oh and dont alt tab out or it clears your quick menu

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I've read some of the starting out EYE guides on other websites and the sheer number of numbers in the system is...eye popping

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

super sweet best pal posted:

if nick doesnt want it.. well i want to play it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I actually have two copies so what's your Steam ID?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I actually have two copies so what's your Steam ID?

my username is rediscover on there. god bless

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There are several people with that name on there, which one are you?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The gay one Lmao.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

unpleasantly turgid posted:

super satisfying

I need to go back to TF2 and experience again the meatshot feels

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

The gay one Lmao.

Boom!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

my avi on there is of phillip from space funeral

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I truly appreciate the offer, but my backlog is full and my job takes up a lot of my time, so I don't want it to go to waste. If someone else likes it and wants to play, I'd like for them to have it. Thank you for the gesture, though!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id like to check it out but i still havent fixed my pc lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

R. Guyovich posted:

The gay one Lmao.

:hellyeah:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

zen death robot posted:

You should fully embrace your new identity as the doughvakiin on your steam profile dude

baby steps my friend

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ok so time to fess up

which do you like more for shotgun reload feels

one shell at a time through the side, the kind like sawn offs where you pop it open to drop and reload, or just a gigantic freaking canister like the striker

I dig sawn offs just for the rhythm of shoot, open, empty, reload, close, shoot, but sideloaders are kinda fun for that "desperately try to stay topped off on shells inbetween furious walls of lead" kinda vibe

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a fan of tube-fed shotguns because of Halo and Half Life and Doom

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

every shotgun in enter the gungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Garry Parrish posted: