Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the action half-life hand cannon. if something was next to you when you shot it, it was dead as a doornail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
[dons flame suit] i like the UT flak cannon a great deal

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I used to love Action HL and that shotgun was the bees knees

it was cool because they made it high risk high reward. the limited ammo and the amount of spread made it very bad for you if you missed your shot.

competing dive hand-cannon attacks where the winner is decided by a split second makes you feel like an actual action hero.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Walrus Pete posted:

Thanks for reminding me that New Vegas actually had some really fun to use guns, which is frankly shocking considering the engine they had to make it in.

even unmodded, the riot shotgun is very, very good.

new vegas also managed to make fun perks, instead of FO4's boring rear end 20%+ damage, and all of the shotgun related perks turn you into a murder machine. plus there's all the custom ammo, like dragon's breath, or coinshot.

a shotgun toting small guns guy is a great build to take through the game.

• Locked thread