Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Well, I wish I knew what the gently caress this was. I thought it just looked like some fun racing game, but apparently it's some power rangers like thing out in Japan. I have no idea, but it's based on the Kamen Masked Rider? Does this mean anything to anyone?

Also, if you wanna gently caress around and say poo poo and talk to us or whatever. You can come on into our Discord (yeah, we think we're so hot we have a loving discord).

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Jail Break, it was a game by Konami, and it was impossible. You can shoot kids and ladies walking the streets during a loving prison break located near a god damned metropolitan down town area.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 9, 2018

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Part 1

Shinobi III, we didn't know it was even on arcades. We played it for a while, and we talk about stupid poo poo. Watch it. Please.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
Kyle mentioned it a few posts back, but come join us on the Discord if you feel like being social. We're on there pretty frequently, so you have plenty of opportunities to bullshit with your favorite Let's Play miscreants, or learn entirely too much about the depraved depths of the Sonic universe from The Ayshkerbundy!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Part 2

It's the second part of the game.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Part 3

It's part 3.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

So to be honest, going into this game, most of us had heard about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but it appears we had no loving clue that it was like an anthology show. So Keith is talking about Arc 1, and Kyle had only ever heard of Arc 3 (which is what this game is based on).

Anyhow, to make it even more confusing, we recorded our own version of a new ending theme specifically for this episode, which doesn't even coincide with the anime version of this arc. Oh well. Anyway, it's loving Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
My favorite jojo parts are the ones after the continuity reboot, part 7 (where everyone's a cowboy) and part 8 (where jojo has 4 balls and wears a sailor outfit and it's basically a weird bizarro version of part 4)

edit:

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 19, 2018

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

My favorite jojo parts are the ones after the continuity reboot, part 7 (where everyone's a cowboy) and part 8 (where jojo has 4 balls and wears a sailor outfit and it's basically a weird bizarro version of part 4)

edit:

I can only admire the horror of this drawing.

YouTube Link

These things that used to be in cartoons all the time, and they're called Trucks. This is about a magical one that apparently can go through space and time.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Flashgal. Women are all the same, AMIRITE? It seems like they wanted to use the popularity of flash dance, wonder woman, and probably other things that had female characters in them.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 23, 2018

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Kuri Kinton. It's basically like a Hong Kong cop movie where you go and kick rear end and save someone. Except for some reason, in this game, you can just skip the gameplay and run straight to the boss of the level.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Midway's "The Grid" was an Unreal Tournament like shooter that was pretty unique for the arcades, as you stood at the cabinets and could play up to around 8 players. We just had one, so sorry about that.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link

Alright, this is the last one for now. We'll hopefully get another session in sooner than later, as Keith is trapped in the forest for now. We've got other stuff we're gonna do though, so keep on the look for that.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

YouTube Link
iTunes Link
Google Play Music

Whoa, we got a new thing out, and it's a podcast? Yeah, that's right, we have a podcast now, and we put out Episode 14 as the first episode. . . No we're not loving idiots.

We put out episode 14 first for public consumption as this used to be a patreon exclusive thing, where we'd kinda cover what we're doing for the month, and then pitch ideas for scripts that will never get made. We've been wanting to release this for the public for a while, and since MCIHAD is going on hiatus, we put this one up first. Mostly because we talk about the hiatus and what the plans are. So we're not going anywhere, we're just busy.

The way we're gonna do this, we'll upload the older episodes on whatever podcast platform you prefer, weekly. Until we run out, or hopefully get Keith to commit doing it as frequently as possible. We'll also cut them up as segments to post as individual videos for smaller 10-15 minute bites 2-3 times a week. So if you don't have an 45 minutes to an hour to dedicate to listening to this stuff, you can get a curated section of the show that's easier to consume. Especially since I think the best part of these podcasts are the ridiculous scripts that we pitch near the end. So if that's the only thing you enjoy about these podcasts, you can just get that, in the YouTube videos.

Anyway, enjoy.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 8, 2018

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Correction: we may be loving idiots.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Since I usually watch your videos directly via YouTube, I ended up having to google for this thread because I wanted to see how other people would react to the sad news. And I have to say that I'm shocked that the whole thing is just you posting video after video with no other activity at all? What the gently caress, seriously.

I've said it before, but you guys have always been really funny and a delight to watch. It's just not fair that no amount of talent and perseverance seems to make a difference in terms of getting views, while a dipshit like PewDiePie gets millions of them in exchange for lacking any human qualities at all. I don't know what to say anymore. I'm so sorry.

If I could request one thing from you, it's not a game this time: Once the time comes and you are all financially stable again, please don't give up when you think back to MCIHAD. There may only be a few of us fans out there, but we love you! Good luck to you all.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Sincere thanks for the kind words. While it's frustrating to stay so low in views, we realize that our biggest obstacle is not really advertising our material outside of this forum. We do this show almost exclusively because we enjoy it, so we'll be back once Keith is anchored back in civilization. We pretty much had to stop because he's living and working in a national park, has no internet of his own, and couldn't reach a wi-fi connection because of a blizzard.

Right now we're working on a project we've had in our back pocket for a long time, and this seemed like the perfect time to push for something else, given that our tenuous production model failed. We'll have that out pretty soon, and we're starting to push out snippets from the previously Patreon-exclusive podcast.

Kyle and I have also toyed with the idea of streaming to help fill the gap, but that might consist mostly of me screaming furiously at Dark Souls. We'll have to put more thought into that option.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Yeah, take your time.

Just don't forget to archive your streamed videos for later consumption, if you go that way. We're (very thinly) spread across the globe!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast: Episode 1 - Uber Madness, Baltimore Sucks, and Lincoln the Lich
Google Play
iTunes
Podbean
You can find it everywhere else as well, but I'm not gonna list ALL of them.

YouTube bits:
Uber Madness
Lincoln the Lich

Holy poo poo, getting all these damned links. . . Anyway, welcome to Trouble Planet, where we are doomed to mediocrity, so why not emulate one of the most disappointing fast food chains and let you "have it your way." You can listen to the entire podcast, on your platform of choice. If you don't see it above, it's probably still there, just search "Trouble Planet Podcast" and you'll find it.

If you listen to enough of these and think, "God drat, I don't care about what they have to say, but those ending scripts sure are funny." We'll have videos of just those parts on YouTube, so you can check it out anyway you want.

Anyone have a preference on how these are rolled out? Piece meal throughout the week, or all at once on Wednesday? I'm thinking the latter.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 14, 2018

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast Episode 2 - Insert Fuckable, Met a Backstreet Boy, Cowboys & Ambien
Google Play
iTunes
Podbean

YouTube bits:
Met A Backstreet Boy
Cowboys & Ambien

Here's your weekly bullshit from Trouble Planet. Enjoy it anyway you please.

We talk about how Kyle met and worked with Joey Fatone for a commercial, and forgot who he was.

Keith tries to invent a new drink based on an old episode name.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast Episode 3 - Sins of the Father, Blood of the Mahjong (Plus Ravencon!)
Google Play
iTunes
Podbean

YouTube bits:
Ravencon
King of gently caress Mountain
Pitching Trouble Planet

Believe it or not, we managed to con (get it?) our way into doing panels at a convention once. Nick and Kyle only, of course, because we only had two invitations, and because Keith was busy typing out his virulent anti-fiat manifesto on a decrepit variable typewriter in a spooky uni-bomber shack in the depths of Maine. Being that we start this episode off mentioning “feigning competence,” I have to guess this is from the month where we (briefly) tried our hand at a semi-monthly format, a level of effort we very quickly came to realize was beyond our capacity to ever sustain. Anyway, this explains why there’s one extra podcast! Witness the snapshot of our one short-lived dalliance with Capability as we continue to unapologetically flaunt our inconsistency like a warding charm against criticism.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 28, 2018

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast Episode 4 - None of Us Are Well
Google Play
iTunes
Podbean

YouTube bits:
People Ruin Everything
Escape Plan
The Wrap Around Problem

For some reason, I can't seem to update the front page of Something Awful, but I'll keep giving it a shot.

Sealed in a hot, dark space, Kyle screams for no discernable reason. His sweaty visage assails and tremulous cries into the muted void offend the sensibilities of man and God as he sets about Marking his every sin in a permanent chronicle, to be shared with an unwilling world via invisible beacons.

Separately, he sets his designs on recording a podcast! And at the conclusion of such designs do we find ourselves situated here today. Today’s episode is all about those largely abortive live-action bits that serve as wrap-arounds to our Let’s Play show. Let it be observed that we do, in defiance of all evidence, exhibit occasional paroxysms of ambition. In our heart’s deepest, most tenebrous recesses congeal the inclination to make needlessly complex exhibits of basic filmmaking; however, circumstances and a dearth of competence hold us back. Maybe some day we can make something other than bizarre, abstract and wholly unnecessary prologues to playlists of arcade short plays. Until then though!

Also featured in this episode: an explanation (of sorts) for the inexplicable trip to Antarctica that Kyle took some sessions back. (The vacation slides from this financially ruinous misadventure, by the way, occupy to this day a bizarrely prominent spot on our Youtube playlist directory.) Hear us also ruminate on ways in which Nick’s personhood is most aptly compared to the ceaseless ravages of nature. Also! Five months in, we finally canonize the loving title of the podcast.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

AMovieReference posted:

For some reason, I can't seem to update the front page of Something Awful, but I'll keep giving it a shot.

SA's been fucky wrt long rear end posts recently

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast Episode 5 - Grief Industry, Mom vs. Madcucks, The Game of Gods
Google Play
iTunes
Podbean

YouTube bits:
Free Names for your Projects

This month’s episode has Kyle plumbing some elegiac depths in a futile quest for meaning, while Keith revels in the prospect of getting master satirist Madcucks to take us up on an anachronistic Street Fighter challenge. Later, we showcase the massively disorganized speculative outline of a fairly low-concept comedy sketch wherein a pantheon of Pagan gods treat the whole of earthly existence as a sort of private Battlebots arena. Keith also makes the fateful statement of intent to move to Los Angeles. (Uh-oh.) Lots going on this month, I guess.

Also, the YouTube bit is the original first episode of the Trouble Planet podcast, because for whatever reason I'm missing Keith and Nick's audio for the episode that went up on your whatever devices. In order to do those fancy bobbing heads, we need isolated tracks, so there's that.

Sorry we suck.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Trouble Planet Podcast Episode 6 - Sudden Success, Funk in the Dark, Barney the Homewrecker
Podbean

YouTube bits:
Funk in the Dark
Versus Madcucks
Barney the Homewrecker

Having successfully got Madcucks to appear on the let’s play, the gang spend about five hours of mic time patting themselves on the dick, save for Nick, who continues to be awash in bafflement and a vague sense of discomfort, as well he might. A one-off joke from a recent remote session gets brought up again, for some reason, and the episode concludes with a sort of fanfic about spousal abuse running rampant in the town of Bedrock. Good God, this is not a good podcast. (We’re still getting the title of the show wrong, let the record show.)

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Just a heads-up, we haven't forgotten this mendacious enterprise. Life has attacked, and so we must recover for the betterment of the channel as a whole. I'll explain in video form shortly and address some other working of Trouble Planet as they stand in the moment. Thanks for your patience.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Life just doesn't ever give you a break, does it.

Is there a reason why you have podcasts numbered 6 and 8, but not 7? Or is that the because of the 'do-over' that was mentioned in the description of 8?

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Are you looking on Podbean? 7 should be there now.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

If any of you are Discord users, you should join us on a server hosted by our friends from Instant Replay Live. We're honestly terrible about checking this forum, and we (as well as the solid community they've built) are far more active there. We regularly post our links and things, so you're still getting everything there that you would get here, plus more.

Click here to join!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

As promised, here is the State of the Union video to explain a little bit of what's going on with the channel.

I'll shut up and let you get right to the point.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Not sure how to feel about this. I'm honestly happy for Keith for having finally made it, but when your group consists of only three people, any drop-out is going to shake the channel to its foundations. Let's hope the stream materializes and is fun to do for the two of you. And good luck to Keith with his attempt at bourgeois life! ;)

I was watching your podcasts on podbean, by the way. But for some reason, the weird link I had bookmarked displayed every episode but number 7. I fixed it now (https://troubleplanet.podbean.com), but I still have no idea how that was even possible. Did that episode lack an internal tag that the others had, or something?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm thrilled Keith's not living in a tent any more. He's a funny dude, but his whole living situation and instability was kinda affecting me because I am a giant baby. I hope he keeps this forward momentum and has a fufilling life ahead of him!

I'm not much for streams, but a highlights reel is exactly what I'd be up for.

I'm looking forward to the sketches!

This all seems like great news to me. I'm thrilled.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

@Gimmick Account - I'll have to check on the tag thing. Kyle handles all of that, since he's the audio guy and his mania compels him to organize all our online material.

Also, Keith isn't gone for good, but it's just tougher than usual to organize things with him while his schedule is under the sway of an industry shaman tossing a handful of bones in some Hollywood yurt. He'll be back in the fold once he isn't constantly teetering on the brink of homelessness. Scuttlebutt for now has it that we may have another session in June, but don't take that as gospel just yet.

@Suspect Bucket - Thanks for the honest feedback. We've always just done this for fun, but we ultimately want to shape it into what you all like the most. Next time we are in contact with Keith, I will let him know that the tally stands at one person caring about what happens to him.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Dirt Wizard posted:

@Suspect Bucket - Thanks for the honest feedback. We've always just done this for fun, but we ultimately want to shape it into what you all like the most. Next time we are in contact with Keith, I will let him know that the tally stands at one person caring about what happens to him.

For real, I was kinda avoiding the podcast because, while I adore you bad boys, Keith's situation was a super downer, and I usually listen on my way to work (also catching up on a certain Dog podcast). I was legit stressing and worrying about him going through another winter outside, and wondering if I could send a care package or something. That's just me though. I get depressed easily.

In Podcast 14, which I just listened to, he sounded a lot more cheerful and less frantic, and that was simply because of the possibility of an internship. I hope that he's finding meaningful and enjoyable work, and that his living situation has improved beyond unibomber shack.

Also, let me know where I can rent a unibomber shack for 20 bucks, sounds like a lovely vacation.

I'll be catching up on the podcast now, since I know it's got a lot more potential for a happy ending. You guys keep it up!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Suspect Bucket posted:

For real, I was kinda avoiding the podcast because, while I adore you bad boys, Keith's situation was a super downer, and I usually listen on my way to work (also catching up on a certain Dog podcast). I was legit stressing and worrying about him going through another winter outside, and wondering if I could send a care package or something. That's just me though. I get depressed easily.

In Podcast 14, which I just listened to, he sounded a lot more cheerful and less frantic, and that was simply because of the possibility of an internship. I hope that he's finding meaningful and enjoyable work, and that his living situation has improved beyond unibomber shack.

Also, let me know where I can rent a unibomber shack for 20 bucks, sounds like a lovely vacation.

I'll be catching up on the podcast now, since I know it's got a lot more potential for a happy ending. You guys keep it up!

You don't gotta worry about Keith, he can always fall back onto the east coast if all else fails.

I kinda haven't been posting the podcast episodes in here, as this thread is mostly for the let's play, and I'm unsure if anyone who wasn't already listening cared to see it posted in here. It's still going up on Wednesdays until we run out. Hoping to get Keith to commit to more common records.

Also, if you think Keith's situation is bleak, wait 'til you hear my pitch for a podcast idea I'm hoping to do.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Yo, nerds! Anyone still check this thing? Kyle and I are planning to stream some Dark Souls Remastered tonight at 9 PM Eastern. We're testing out the setup and such, so this one might not get a highlight reel for the YouTube just yet, but we encourage anyone who's interested to drop in and say hi.

Check that poo poo out tonight at 9 EDT!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Dirt Wizard posted:

Yo, nerds! Anyone still check this thing? Kyle and I are planning to stream some Dark Souls Remastered tonight at 9 PM Eastern. We're testing out the setup and such, so this one might not get a highlight reel for the YouTube just yet, but we encourage anyone who's interested to drop in and say hi.

Check that poo poo out tonight at 9 EDT!

I am still checking this thing, but it seems like I missed your stream and now it's gone, of course. :(

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I don't really know how Twitch works, and I don't know if there's any normal archiving process for it, aside from recording the whole thing and exporting to YouTube or something. We're still figuring all that out, but we'll try to do it more often as well as posting it somewhere when we're done.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem
Holy poo poo. We're not dead guys.

It's been so long since we've done. . . well anything huh? Well Keith is safely back on the East coast, you can hear about those adventures on the Trouble Planet Podcast where you can hear what we've been up to. We're hoping to gear up and bang out a new season of MCIHAD, which we'll probably reboot.

What do I mean by reboot? Well we had a "story" of some-kind that loosely tied all the seasons together, culminating with us all dying and going to hell. Talk about writing yourself into a corner! So we'll probably drop that stuff, and "reboot" the series so we don't have to worry about that, and possibly replay games we'd already done with higher quality (those early seasons are prettttttty rough). We'll post a new thing next week, that's not MCIHAD per se, but related to it in a way.

If you want to see some poo poo from the Trouble Boys, you can catch Kyle in an actual D&D play show linked below. If any of you are still out there reading this stuff, we'll be back. . . probably before the end of the year? Full time jobs are hard folks.

Instant Roleplay Live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

I just finished listening to episode 18 (Comedy in Dog Years), haven't had time to take a look at the Instant Roleplay video yet.

You had me laughing at several points, even as you were half-jokingly describing the grim fates that lie in store for each of you... but I often feel that with you guys there's this undercurrent of actual existential crisis right under the humorous surface. I know things work a little differently in terms of the social security net over in America, but no employed person in an industrial country should have to live out of a tent in somebody's backyard. That's absolutely horrible, and I cannot imagine it helping you mentally recover from the stresses of your Hollywood job at all (Also, sorry how that turned out. Bloodsuckers, the lot of them. :().

Does Keith need financial help to get a tolerable place to live in? That alone would probably be a 'force multiplier' for all other endeavours.

• Locked thread