Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbL_K9eNY20

Revolution X. This game, I recall seeing at the local skating rink when I was a kid and I remember never really getting too far into it. About this time, Aerosmith had been trying to brand themselves on a whole bunch of poo poo, somewhat like Kiss did, except somehow they don't get poo poo on as much as Kiss does, and I'm not really sure why. Kiss ain't never had no fuckin' rollercoaster or video game, but Aerosmith did.

Also, Cangelosi, you get one gold star for predicting a game that we were about to put out. If you collect 45 stars, you get a flag of America, back when it was great. (Before Arizona and Oklahoma).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

AMovieReference posted:

Also, Cangelosi, you get one gold star for predicting a game that we were about to put out. If you collect 45 stars, you get a flag of America, back when it was great. (Before Arizona and Oklahoma).

Wait, the states, or the ships that blew up?

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Suspect Bucket posted:

Wait, the states, or the ships that blew up?

poo poo, I don't know which joke I like better now. . .

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

AMovieReference posted:

I am very grateful of this honor and will try to find more games to suggest for all of you. :patriot:

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_8pR2rA9o

Well to cap off a great week, why not put up this ridiculous crap. A god damned Dog Walking arcade game.

I'm actually glad we got something like this on the show. There's one other game I would like to get on here that had some strange gimmicky poo poo about it, but I'll have to figure out how to make it "good".

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

AMovieReference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_8pR2rA9o

Well to cap off a great week, why not put up this ridiculous crap. A god damned Dog Walking arcade game.

I'm actually glad we got something like this on the show. There's one other game I would like to get on here that had some strange gimmicky poo poo about it, but I'll have to figure out how to make it "good".

I was a dog walker for a few years. I will provide critique and professional insight once I'm able to watch.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Okay, live as-I go commentary here.

First, good choice on the Poodle. Every single one of those other dogs look like shitlords that'll pull you over and jump on you. A Poodle kept in a show cut has to be near-obsessively cared for, with daily grooming and bi-weekly grooming appointments. Also, poodles kept in a traditional show cut are, as a rule, shown, and taught to walk nicely. Poodles that are kept as just pets are usually trimmed in a 'Puppy Cut' or 'Kennel Clip', that has an evenly trimmed short body cut, with the tail, top of head, and ears long but still 'poodly', with a clean shaved face. Also popular is the 'Miami' or 'Bikini' cut, where the fur is left longer, and 'poms' are left on the feet, then the feed are shaved shorter to accentuate the poms. Then there's also the Teddy-Bear Cut (poofy face, medium even body fur), the Lamb Cut, and the Town And Country Clip (body, neck, and face shaved close, head, tail, and legs up to the shoulder kept longer). Then there are like five different show cuts. And guess what? Now there's ASIAN FUSION poodle cuts! Which your dog seems to have. It looks like a modified English Saddle clip.

Your dog walking is deplorable.You're wandering all over the drat street, and not only that, so is the dog, who is much more likely to be hit by a car. Pro tip! When walking with your dog, keep it away from cars. Humans are much more likely to swerve to avoid you, the human, then they are to avoid the dog. Some will even aim for dogs.

Where are your poop bags. Oh my god, you'll never walk dogs in the town again.

You mised a primo opportunity to clothesline the bike guy and steal his food. Hey, dog walking's a rough biz, gotta eat somehow.

A+ on the cat catching, bonus for the dog client not getting scratched or bitten, which would have meant an imediate trip to the vet to prevent life-threatening infections! Cat bites are no joke, their saliva is like a cess pit when they bite you.

A+ for thoughtful japanese motorists. Again, people will just straight up run over your dog and not give a single poo poo.

Excellent job not letting the dog eat garbage. Apple cores contain cyanide and razor blades, and i'll bet that rice ball had rat poison in it.

And now, you go and pick a Husky. THE WORST. Somehow more grooming requirements then a Poodle. They need to be brushed CONSTANTLY, and you will never again know life without dog hair on everything you own. Huskies also require many daily miles of exercise, being a dog once bred to pull sledges. Not sled, SLEDGE. A sled is a sleek, beautiful thing meant for speed. A Sledge will pull a whole drat house.

Should have let that dog steal and eat the skateboard. That would keep it occupied for a few minutes.

English Bulldogs are lumps of genetic decay. It will die of cancer before it will ever manage to harm you.

Weird, male rabbits are generally the more docile ones. Female rabbits get super nasty and fighty if they're not spayed. It's also a lot reasier to snap a rabbit in half then you might think. They can break their own backs if they kick too hard.

Good on you for not picking the Shiba, which knows only violence and hatred for it's fellow dog-kind. Or the Golden Lab, which is a nice enough dog once it's done eating your house and stealing your children and dragging you into every puddle of water it sees.

For more insight on how insane Japan is with dogs, have this NHK produced documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAYmPZF1xME

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
Wow. WOOOOOOOWWWWWW! I have glimpsed into Suspect Bucket's life, and I now have a twinge of stress from looking at dogs. Through your critique, I am even more convinced that either the dogs are wandering loose, or the walker is experiencing the most mundane of day tripping acid adventures.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Dirt Wizard posted:

Wow. WOOOOOOOWWWWWW! I have glimpsed into Suspect Bucket's life, and I now have a twinge of stress from looking at dogs. Through your critique, I am even more convinced that either the dogs are wandering loose, or the walker is experiencing the most mundane of day tripping acid adventures.

I've hallucinated dog walks before. Fukkin dayquill.

Honestly, i'm surprised more dogs don't get run the hell over., or simply die from human negligence. Tough critters the ones that survive humanity.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Suspect Bucket posted:

I've hallucinated dog walks before. Fukkin dayquill.

NyQuil is more our drug of choice:

https://youtu.be/hhPAfBLz3zM

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Censored Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrRHT4A8F1w
Uncensored Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PXHnxaxDg

Well, Keith wanted to do another Sex week thing. This one leaves many questions that require answers. Like, has anyone making this game ever been in an erotic situation? Folks, it's loving Poker Ladies.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 6, 2017

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8pbxfj9P98

Wild Fang. I don't remember where I saw this game, but it looked rad. Basically you just go around punching the poo poo out of enemies until their heads separate from there bodies. Amazing.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This game strikes me as a weirder version of Golden Axe. The aesthetichs are metal and rad, in a very strange way, but at least is no Cho Aniki level of weird. It seems super hard, though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Angry Lobster posted:

This game strikes me as a weirder version of Golden Axe. The aesthetichs are metal and rad, in a very strange way, but at least is no Cho Aniki level of weird. It seems super hard, though.

I like it, but the scale feels off. I'm sure the intention was that you'd be like you were this regular dude fighting off a bunch of GIANT MONSTERS, but it really just feels like a tiny dude riding a kitten into battle. Cool concept, flawed execution. It needed some stuff in the fore and background to better indicate scale, like villages or normal human sized implements or something.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

All the same, being two pygmies riding normal-sized dudes and small tigers is also pretty rad. It's like the tiny ladies that summon Mothra living out a Dio album.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo. I've seen this game before, decades ago, but I could never remember anything about it except the Game Over screen's countdown animation. You've solved one of the 3 Great Mysteries of my life.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Rangpur posted:

Holy poo poo. I've seen this game before, decades ago, but I could never remember anything about it except the Game Over screen's countdown animation. You've solved one of the 3 Great Mysteries of my life.

Haha, I feel like we should take a crack at the other two, might get lucky. In case it's a conspiracy theory, they're all true.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I had the same feeling when we played Chiller and I could prove the game I described actually existed.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

Haha, I feel like we should take a crack at the other two, might get lucky. In case it's a conspiracy theory, they're all true.
The other two are 'some game where you move around with a jet pack and shoot at flying jacks or something,' and 'why did my father leave us.' Good luck!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Rangpur posted:

The other two are 'some game where you move around with a jet pack and shoot at flying jacks or something,' and 'why did my father leave us.' Good luck!

It didn't happen to be Lizard Wizard, did it? To both questions, I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YJks_ApQE

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nah, the game had more of a sci-fi aesthetic. Might be right about the other part, tho'. Keep your eye out for a brawler where you're all ninjas (plus a wolfman) who can take the shape of your enemies, too. Pretty sure that one's dating my ex.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://youtu.be/D8OXgzzdiJQ

Here's today's edition of MCIHAD. Requested by Suspect Bucket, it's Chicken Shift.

This game was needlessly difficult, but mostly because of Keith's incompetence. Also, it's a stretch, but it looks like this might take place in the same universe as Snacks n' Jaxson?

You know what to do The Ayshkerbundy.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 10, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
CHICKEN FACTS!

Chickens lay eggs when the gently caress ever, but their output is linked to sunlight. If it's summer, they will lay more eggs, because they get more light. However, you can trick their tiny chicken brains by putting a lamp in the coop.

Chickens are not, in fact, the dumbest creatures, they just have a very specific subset of skills relating directly to eating bugs.

One of our chicken's asses exploded the other day, killing it. No idea how or why. It's corpse fell into the miniature goat yard and has further traumatized our shy goat Ariel.

Glad you got some mental stimulation out of the game!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Suspect Bucket posted:

One of our chicken's asses exploded the other day,

I have no idea what this means.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Suspect Bucket posted:

One of our chicken's asses exploded the other day, killing it. No idea how or why. It's corpse fell into the miniature goat yard and has further traumatized our shy goat Ariel.

AMovieReference fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 11, 2017

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QJgFrwJIk

Aw, Titty Witches, it's Trouble Witches, a game that was also apparently an anime, which we know nothing about. We'd actually played this game a while back but never put it out, as we thought it would be more enjoyable if all three of us were present. Turns out that was a good call.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ColdPie posted:

I have no idea what this means.

Exactly what it says on the tin. We have no idea what happened. All we know is that it was hella gross.

Ariel is a shy baby goat we've been trying to get more friendly with hand feeding, but the whole chicken corpse thing seems to have disturbed her.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7RUhJKFrqo

Oh man. So SunA, the creators of Hard Head happened to make more games, so for some reason, we thought "Hey wouldn't it be fun to play more of them?" I'm glad that we did, but god drat were they unnecessarily hard. A lot of the design choices were strange, and of course true to SunA's past games, a lot of poo poo was stolen. Someone call up Disney, cause they got some AT-STs up in this games.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Wow Spark Man seems really lame, I'm glad I've never paid to play that.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Given that it's a Korean game, you would be able to make the lofty claim that you spent thousands (of won) to play this exclusive release! It's a shame so deep the grave cannot bury it!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I was honestly hoping for some surreal cyberpunk nose scratching simulator. This looks likes a child's awful attempt at pretend-playing a video game scenario with their (dollar store) action figures. How tragic!

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I was honestly hoping for some surreal cyberpunk nose scratching simulator. This looks likes a child's awful attempt at pretend-playing a video game scenario with their (dollar store) action figures. How tragic!

Although we may be biased since we all speak and lived in Korea for several years, but Koreans sure do have the fuckin' attract screen down. Hard Head 2 has the Rugrats babies dancing in hell in front of the devil, and this one has God tickling the nose of some person.

If it wouldn't be the most painful thing in the world, I'd be curious to see what deeper SunA games could offer. I mean, we got another one, but. . . Yeah.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Korea didn't quite grasp Japan's lesson that, if you're going to be weird, be upfront about it.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXQhHaXX5Y

gently caress me, it's almost like we haven't been doing this for almost 2 years. Making things unlisted for doing patreon is kinda messing me up.

Anyhow, here's a double feature of two games that are not related at all, except we needed to fill some time. Check out SunA's "Super Ranger," and Data East's "Bega's Battle."

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVbDYP3yvtY

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones.

As you can guess, we picked this solely based on the name and we later learned that. . . It's another anime game. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I always worry when we get these kinds of properties and then poo poo all over them because we don't know anything about them, and then real fans come in and just harangue us. Oh well, doth is life.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

As you can guess, we picked this solely based on the name and we later learned that. . . It's another anime game. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I always worry when we get these kinds of properties and then poo poo all over them because we don't know anything about them, and then real fans come in and just harangue us. Oh well, doth is life.

Oh yeah, like you're the lame ones for not knowing poo poo about an anime.

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZDxAjk1Bw

Well it's part 2. In a drunken fit, we stumble onto the SEO phrase of "Donald Trump is a rapist". Sorry we talked about politics.

In the actual gameplay, Keith continues to frustrate us all while he cannot get past this one god damned part.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

It's my turn to do the Wikipedia research, and I don't like what I found.

quote:

Burrowing deep within the Earth's surface, the planet of B.A.D. (Beastly Alien Dudes) seeks to take over the world. As a member of N.I.C.E. (Nations of International Citizens for Earth), Keith's mission is to defeat B.A.D. and bring peace to the world.

And, as our Keith was quick to note during gameplay:

quote:

The player's goal is to collect the stolen riches left behind by the invaders and buy your way out of trouble with money.

I want to have a staring match with one of those gun robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMovieReference
Aug 20, 2015

cool arcade gaem

Dirt Wizard posted:

It's my turn to do the Wikipedia research, and I don't like what I found.

And, as our Keith was quick to note during gameplay:

I want to have a staring match with one of those gun robots.

Caitlyn in a drunken stupor, hated and loved this episode.

When I ask her later, I'm certain she'll deny knowledge of this show.

• Locked thread