Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I love these videos, they are a small treat to savor every few days. Looking forward to the rage-punctuated nonsense to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I was honestly hoping for some surreal cyberpunk nose scratching simulator. This looks likes a child's awful attempt at pretend-playing a video game scenario with their (dollar store) action figures. How tragic!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

As you can guess, we picked this solely based on the name and we later learned that. . . It's another anime game. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I always worry when we get these kinds of properties and then poo poo all over them because we don't know anything about them, and then real fans come in and just harangue us. Oh well, doth is life.

Oh yeah, like you're the lame ones for not knowing poo poo about an anime.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Good lord, that one was a real anomaly. Normally when someone says "It was a comic" I want to know more, like with "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs" but this is... I don't even want to know how someone tried to justify this with words and images.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I flippin love Lake Placid.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Ugh. This reminded me that I really wanted to recommend "Eternal Champions" which is another MK-imitator, but actually kind of a good one. Sadly, it isn't an arcade title.

Still, if for some reason you need more of this kind of thing, "Survival Arts," and "Blandia" might be worth looking at. Mostly because under other circumstances, they wouldn't be worth looking at.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnDkQTMGMc

Jesus Christ, why are holidays a thing? I get all confused when people are home on a Monday and completely forgot about that fuckin' thing I have been doing every Monday for like a year.

Anyhow, it's Roadblasters, which was requested by our very own Danger Pumpkin. At least, I think this is what was requested, apparently there are two games called Road Blaster, one by Atari and the other by Data East. This is the Atari version, and likely the one that Danger was referring to, but you can never be sure!

Perhaps next session we'll pull out the Data East version. . . Even though it's a dreaded Laser Disk game.

I actually did mean the Data East one, but it's alright, because this was still great, and a game I vaguely remember. It is waaaay less frustrating than the other one as well.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Caught up again on all the trials and tribulations you Dollar Dudes (Mom Boys?) have been through in the last three months or so. And one of you videos unearthed a thing from the recesses of my mind space even! Although it may not have been too deeply buried. Have I requested you play The Ninja Warriors before? Have you already played it, and I just forgot? Shadow Force reminded me of it, and it's a pretty good one, despite the generic as poo poo name. It's a scrolling beat em up where you play as warriors who are not so much ninjas as they are ninja-themed terminators.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

At first I thought "hey, didn't these chuckleheads already play this game?" but then I remembered that no, actually. It was me. I was the chucklehead who had played this game. Oh, the monsters I have mauled...

Anyway, would it have killed the devs to like, locally source their monsters? Norwegian Dragon, sure, Deep Sea Fungus off the coast of Bermuda, okay. Everything else is just sloppy. Even the akuma mother fucker could have made sense if his name hadn't been Spanish.

This all makes me wish there was a game like this, but with roguelike elements and maybe some X-com poo poo mixed in, where you send teams of specially trained monster wrestlers all over the world to battle mythological and supernatural threats. And, also I'm envisioning an expansion where the threats become less supernatural, and more existential. "The War at Home!" which sees your elite monster wrestlers do battle with regret, ennui, and the lasting psychological trauma of being suplexed through a table by a drop bear. How will men fight monsters when they risk becoming the monsters themselves? And also, how do miss an 80% hit chance off-the-turnbuckle frog splash on a wendigo that's right the gently caress next to you?! Goddamn rookies deserve to have their legs torn off with that kinda bs.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

AMovieReference posted:

I can't help but believe that MCIHAD ruined a few more lives.

Homewreckers. Does this mean either of them are free agents now? I'm enjoying the guest episodes, and the change of pace they bring. Especially since Keith gets weirdly belligerent about the show sometimes. Not that I don't enjoy that lovable scamp and his antics, of course, it's just nice to calm things down once in a while, and have a different quality of shrieking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Dirt Wizard posted:

I would imagine that makes them both free agents.
Snap up that talent before some other big name LP studio does!

• Locked thread