Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
Danger-Pumpkin, thanks for the support. It's good to know we aren't just being stupid and vitriolic for our own amusement.

Fedule, thanks for the heads up. We're new to being soulless shills and shameless beggars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

It's true we haven't been shooting 'em up as much, lately. Any suggestions for the next blood moon when we can get together and record some more?

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

In keeping with Keith's observation that video games make you say the weirdest poo poo in your life, we spent an afternoon yelling at Kyle to "stop dropping red! Those mice are going to kill you! You'll never cut that snake in half before the mice kill you!"

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I never did get around to making the statement that everything said was in jest, but Charlie Cat took it in stride anyway and reportedly laughed at my pain. This is what MCIHAD is all about.

As an aside, the Cat Stevens song I was attempting to recall is titled "Was Dog a Doughnut?". gently caress me, I guess. I imagine Cat Stevens hopes I burn for all I said against him, but Yusuf Islam would probably let it slide.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Suspect Bucket posted:

With lots of money.

No kidding. The lesson I get from playing these games is, most often, that learning how much the arcade business angled gameplay to siphon quarters rather than impart fun would have crushed me at the age when I enjoyed them most. Then again, I would have felt a little better knowing that I didn't necessarily suck at games that bad; I was but the latest victim of a rigged system.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Wow. WOOOOOOOWWWWWW! I have glimpsed into Suspect Bucket's life, and I now have a twinge of stress from looking at dogs. Through your critique, I am even more convinced that either the dogs are wandering loose, or the walker is experiencing the most mundane of day tripping acid adventures.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

All the same, being two pygmies riding normal-sized dudes and small tigers is also pretty rad. It's like the tiny ladies that summon Mothra living out a Dio album.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I had the same feeling when we played Chiller and I could prove the game I described actually existed.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Given that it's a Korean game, you would be able to make the lofty claim that you spent thousands (of won) to play this exclusive release! It's a shame so deep the grave cannot bury it!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Korea didn't quite grasp Japan's lesson that, if you're going to be weird, be upfront about it.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

It's my turn to do the Wikipedia research, and I don't like what I found.

quote:

Burrowing deep within the Earth's surface, the planet of B.A.D. (Beastly Alien Dudes) seeks to take over the world. As a member of N.I.C.E. (Nations of International Citizens for Earth), Keith's mission is to defeat B.A.D. and bring peace to the world.

And, as our Keith was quick to note during gameplay:

quote:

The player's goal is to collect the stolen riches left behind by the invaders and buy your way out of trouble with money.

I want to have a staring match with one of those gun robots.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The beautiful thing is how much we spit bile at each other during an episode, then cut recording and talk about how great it turned out and laugh about it. This show is the most prominent symptom of a collective disorder.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

We like to inject a little realism into the games we play. In that spirit, we agreed with Capcom that a deranged scientist with an uzi who can transform into a dinosaur will absolutely kill you. While consistent with our theme of failure and disappointment, it is certainly a shame that we fought all those dinosaurs only to miss out on the Cadillacs.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I had some version of NBA Jam on Sega when I was a kid. I remember having codes to play as Bill Clinton, leaping twenty feet in the air, flipping like a maniac, and shattering the backboard every other minute. It's clear that none of this stuck with me into adulthood.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The same way I spend the interstitial periods in Hell. Between that and Kyle's costly travel arrangements, it keeps the show both morally and financially bankrupt.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Somewhere behind the gossamer fabric of reality is a stretch of code; a single truth outlined like a graph. It highlights the crux of time played, drunkenness, and absurdity of game that signifies MCIHAD at its best. The bar for intoxication should be lower than it usually is, but absurdity should remain as elevated as is feasible.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I wasn't 100% sure what your reply meant until I watched the episode again. This still supports Keith's statement that talking about video games makes you sound crazy.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I guess this is as good a place as any to mention that there will be some Trouble Planet representation at RavenCon on the last weekend of this month. If you're in the Williamsburg, VA area between 4/28 and 4/30, you just might encounter some of your favorite bastards from the internet to talk video games and remain complicit in drinking away life's woes.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

If our channel is any indication, the MCIHAD biopic could be three jackasses sitting around, frantically scanning the room, and screaming "What?" for ten minutes at a time while unable to adapt to change. Of course we suck at My Hero, but for a game of this pedigree, that trick is old hat.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Oh man, that would be so rad if we weren't incompetent. Maybe we'll save that one for a revisit instead of ten more episodes of Battle Balls.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

All I could find is that it's also under the name Dr. Kick, and that the goal is to steal something and leave with it. There's an evaluation stage that determines if you got a priceless relic or literal trash. Not much else is out there on the web.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Since Armadillo Racing, Keith can often be spotted fretting over bills and legal summons and lamenting that "they've really got my ham rear end in a sling!"

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I'm not going to pretend I didn't have to research that joke to get it. A Tarkus game will eventually serve as the Twisted Metal to this game's Diddy Kong Racing.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The game could definitely use more polish, but it was alright. I think the idea was to handicap the winner to even the odds in subsequent rounds, but life was too frantic at the time to pay attention to much of anything.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

My arthritis has nothing to do with my crippling incompetence! I know we barely scratched the surface, as evidenced by the handful of special moves pulled off without any concept of how it was done. This is probably another one that needs to be revisited once we have successfully crawled out of the bottle and at least read the instructions.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I guess we know now that spatial awareness and shape recognition isn't part of Keith's puzzle skills. Puyo and Battle Balls indicate he operates purely on colors.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Hahaha, of course. OF COURSE! I have to question the veracity of your claim that the console version is even harder, because Keith's performance would have you believe that the arcade version is completely impossible. Jokes aside, you guys never cease to amaze when we roll out some obscure game and at least one of you has a dissertation to drop on it.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Keith is usually decent at the games we play, but we got a great compilation of him making GBS threads the bed this season. Not to mention, his most deplorable quote to date: "I want to kill the baaaaby!"

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Is it actually a cooperative mode, or competitive? We can barely cooperate to do this show, so the notion of trying to Tetris together is already worth a chuckle.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Oh poo poo! I can see the future, and it's full of anger!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

It's a neat one. Probably another to throw on the pile of games to revisit once we know how to play it. I recall a number of robots having some slick moves beyond the standard "big ol' laser" camp of specials, and it really added some interesting variety to game play. Perhaps our "tenebrous first steps" model of Let's Play should be suspended for fighting games in the interest of entertainment value.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Road Blasters is the game played on American highways during Memorial Day weekend when people have finished remembering our fallen soldiers through piles of hamburgers and games of corn hole, but have subsequently forgotten that it is illegal to operate a vehicle after you've rendered yourself near-comatose with grilled meats and cheap beer. The winners are those who make it home without an insurance claim or a DUI.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I feel like Rampart could be a mini-game that takes place between rounds of a larger game and fit right in. Maybe a mobile app. Charge $0.99 for extra cannons. In fact, stop reading this while I call someone who can program this and find a suitable mask to hide a cash-induced permanent grin.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

They didn't have the word "multiplayer" in the dark ages, as evidenced by weirdos milling about the castle gates aimlessly. We learned the valuable nerd lesson that you never split the party.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Following the logic that Karnov apparently gets more hideous with each new rendition, a modern Karnov model would be a Stygian nightmare guaranteed to make your stomach turn and your connection with humanity to be cleanly severed. Also, you can charge his fireball for more damage.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

In this PS4 release, will you ultimately be challenged to a frisbee fight by a raging bull? Or an octopus, or some other animal that shatters the game world's cohesion? Because Rollersnake's revelation makes me think that's a great cherry to top off a lot of games.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Viewing it after the facts became known, there's a hidden layer to enjoy when Kyle said Lethal Crash Race is "like the racing version of Sonic Wings" during the video.

I would also like to publicly applaud him for brushing past the low hanging fruit of a premature ejaculation joke in the post for Fortress Blue 2. You are now legally recognized as an adult.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Unless you count mahjong as a puzzle. Then we can theoretically keep Keith running until the heat death of the universe.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

How perfect that we celebrate our country by mocking another. It's the American way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

And the dunes need those sea oats for sustenance to grow big enough to withstand those hurricanes.

• Locked thread