Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
Sonic Wings 2, Snow Bros 2, ostensibly Risky Challenge, and now this. We're going to get pigeonholed as the channel that has a weird thing about games with playable babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

We're just following the TV/Podcast tradition of committing sins against human ears right out of the gate and making sure you ride the volume controls to stay involved and engaged.

Seriously, though, thank you for the feedback. We want to make sure what we put out is actually enjoyable, and only incurs a minimal health risk.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The only audio setup powerful enough to aptly produce the sound of Keith foaming at the mouth about puzzle games until he has a heart attack.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The grim specter of death which greets you beyond the veil to the funky unknown.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Hey, awesome that you're getting new faces on there! You guys have a great dynamic, but mixing it up a bit is always refreshing. Hopefully this will get new eyeballs on the channel, you definitely have one of the higher effort production LP channels out there. Marketing is a hell of a thing though.

I'm glad someone recognizes that we put our backs into schlepping down the hackneyed road to nowhere.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Rollersnake posted:

Oh, hey, if it's not too late to put in another request for the next session, you guys haven't done Star Sweep yet, have you? That'd be great if you're not sick of head-to-head puzzle games yet.

You're just in time! We're about to start the next session, so that one's going on the list. MCIHAD uses Keith playing puzzle games like one uses "bombs" in a bullet hell: as a spastic, knee-jerk reaction when we feel cornered and don't know what else to do. Typically before we are mangled by an enormous machine.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

I really liked it. I kept playing well after recording had stopped. It definitely has an insatiable appetite for coins, but there's a certain satisfaction in wasting all of your spells to slaughter a boss before it can touch you.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

It's that time of year again! We're all out of videos! Not to worry, though, because we've already recorded the next session. All is wrapped, eviction notices distributed, and Kyle is presumed trapped in Georgia as punishment for donning the mantle of an artist in Georgia.

Editing is underway, and regular updates will continue after this brief, inevitable hiatus.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Good ol' Jacksonville; the only place I've ever had to pull a knife for defense.

If MCIHAD ever hits tax-paying legitimate status, "Let's Play solvent" will feature prominently in expense reports and write-offs.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

We had some fun with EX2+ while we were dicking around to make sure everything worked. Kyle took to Skullomania pretty quickly and turned into a nigh-unkillable luchador motherfucker. Now that I see how dyed-in-the-wool Hoss is with fighting games, I'm somewhat embarrassed for the low skill display. Except, y'know, that's par for the MCIHAD course.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

We'll be using all this sweet YouTube money to buy gas for a three-way cremation.

Seriously, though. This episode was a recreation of the soundtrack to my apartment for half of the previous day. Constant attempts to conjure Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill screaming about the Joker's mad and aimless plot. Keith's attempts at Harley Quinn provided the foundation for another left field joke left to run wild in the next episode.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

AMovieReference posted:

Someday there will be a MCIHAD DVD or whatever technology exists at the time and I wanna use quotes like these as endorsement.

Other candidates for cover quotes include: "I won't watch this when anyone's around. I hide my love for it more than the fetishes I can't share with my wife."
And: "I'm not a religious man, and it might be in part because I can't stand the thought of my grandparents' ghosts watching me laugh at this."
Or: "Weren't you in college for something? Planning a career? What happened with that?" - Dad

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

honestly the weird, generic, tinny, 16 bit music makes everything worse

The chiptune remix of Dixie backing the embarrassing and shameless game play digs Steal See into subterranean territory on charts of tolerability.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Suspect Bucket posted:

I just Goku yelled at Irma until my power came back on. It was fun.

A working fridge, microwave, and internet are worth vocal cord nodules. We'll include some lozenges or something in a hurricane relief package when I drive down for bonus recording / burying Kyle.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Yeah, it's dumb. We've sent in an appeal, but we're using Vidme to post in the interim.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

The things I've made... the things I've DONE for YouTube...
I can feel my connection to the human race neatly severed.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You have to do it, Rollersnake. You have to play Keith and slay him once and for all.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Have you guys done the 1990 Aliens arcade game by Konami?

And hope you get your Youtube channel back soon. Was great to finally see Cadash after years of forgetting the name!

We haven't, but thanks for the suggestion! Let us know if you have any other favorites you would like to see.

Unfortunately, it appears that the Trouble Planet channel is dead and buried. Kyle is working to get a new MCIHAD channel up and running. We'll start linking to it once everything is back on there. For now, we're going through Vidme.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

We're working on uploading everything that's gone to the Vidme over the last few weeks onto the YouTube channel. Should be up in the next day or so. We'll also continue the regular M-T-Th schedule once everything is up to date. I'm glad we aren't the only ones happy to see the channel back, haha.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Haven't kept up with the gripping tale of our channel woes? Can't blame you! Regardless, here's a short video about it:
MCIHAD Returns

Also, today's video, since Kyle is too busy doing his actual job to do this fake one for an internet forum:

YouTube Link

Vandyke is a fun little vertical scrolling hack 'n slash that we have viciously construed to be about fantasy holiday ruiners.

Dirt Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 19, 2017

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Metamorphic Force is a fun beat-em-up set in an ancient Greek furry convention, and features what will surely become one of our most fondly regarded gaming elements. It won't be hard to figure out what I mean.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Sorry for the late post, but the newest MCIHAD is at hand! This is usually Kyle's bag to handle, since I can't even access YouTube from work, but we're making do while Kyle is attempting to survive Californian airports.

YouTube Link

Today's offering is Frogger! How the hell haven't we played Frogger on this show until now? Since Keith has, quite possibly literally, exiled himself to the woods with no form of communication, we have replaced him for this episode with one of my former classmates and actually industry-anchored camera person; Harry! Don't worry about Keith's absence affecting the show. Harry helps us ensure you can't watch our material in the same house as your grandparents.

Dirt Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 7, 2017

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Also temporally shifted due to Kyle's travels and my job's draconian YouTube edicts, this one's a full day early!

YouTube Link

Rohga Armor Force has the potential to see customized mechs assaulting obstacles of war with middling Data East mind warping. However, we don't have the fuckin' time for that, so we picked the ones with the stupidest names and reaped/suffered the rewards/consequences! Enjoy some of our finest banter on crustaceans.

Dirt Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 7, 2017

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

ilmucche posted:

Have you done Ironman Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road?

We have!

It was listed on the old thread. The quality of racing is poor, thanks to a bad control setup, but the quality if humor is (hopefully) high!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

You've got an edit instead of a watch in the link there

Fixed it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

YouTube Link

Gundam is a tricky subject. It's interesting for it's depiction of the next evolution of war machines. It is, however, anime pumped full of teenage hormones. It's a glimpse into how geopolitical tension will, realistically, extend into space if humans begin to colonize outside our earthly reaches, and that is expressed through this idiotic Robot Jox reenactment atop some enormous space craft with inexplicable gravity.

Dirt Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 10, 2017

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Caught up again on all the trials and tribulations you Dollar Dudes (Mom Boys?) have been through in the last three months or so. And one of you videos unearthed a thing from the recesses of my mind space even! Although it may not have been too deeply buried. Have I requested you play The Ninja Warriors before? Have you already played it, and I just forgot? Shadow Force reminded me of it, and it's a pretty good one, despite the generic as poo poo name. It's a scrolling beat em up where you play as warriors who are not so much ninjas as they are ninja-themed terminators.

I don't think The Ninja Warriors was on there before, but it looks like a solid candidate. Taito beat-em-up with box art redolent of The Guyver? Deal.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

At first I thought "hey, didn't these chuckleheads already play this game?" but then I remembered that no, actually. It was me. I was the chucklehead who had played this game. Oh, the monsters I have mauled...

Anyway, would it have killed the devs to like, locally source their monsters? Norwegian Dragon, sure, Deep Sea Fungus off the coast of Bermuda, okay. Everything else is just sloppy. Even the akuma mother fucker could have made sense if his name hadn't been Spanish.

This all makes me wish there was a game like this, but with roguelike elements and maybe some X-com poo poo mixed in, where you send teams of specially trained monster wrestlers all over the world to battle mythological and supernatural threats. And, also I'm envisioning an expansion where the threats become less supernatural, and more existential. "The War at Home!" which sees your elite monster wrestlers do battle with regret, ennui, and the lasting psychological trauma of being suplexed through a table by a drop bear. How will men fight monsters when they risk becoming the monsters themselves? And also, how do miss an 80% hit chance off-the-turnbuckle frog splash on a wendigo that's right the gently caress next to you?! Goddamn rookies deserve to have their legs torn off with that kinda bs.

I would lose money to a Kickstarter for that. The emotional aspect could be like Darkest Dungeon, where your dudes might turn on one another and fumble med kits when their teammate gets bitten by the Jörmungandr because they've stolen the spotlight too many times and damaged the relationship between them. If the one wasn't such a ham, they could have teamed up for a combo move and finished it off before Ragnarök kicks off and survived another day.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Homewreckers. Does this mean either of them are free agents now?

I would imagine that makes them both free agents.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Seperate, but equal.

Separate but equal shrieking is the battle cry of an entire generation, as evident by the current state of YouTube.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Rollersnake posted:

With Hammerin' Harry you're now up to five games this season that I was thinking about requesting for next season. I'm going to have to dig deeper!

When you all eventually get tired of this and decide to move on, you should finish with The End.

Edit: I'm still catching up, but I wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much you guys enjoyed Arabian Fight. It plays kinda janky, but I can't help but love that game, because holy poo poo just look at it!

We'll chalk all the prescient picks up to good taste.

Arabian Fight wasn't the most nuanced brawler we've played, but it was too bonkers not to see through to the end. I'm glad you liked it!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

YouTube Link

Merry Christmas, fiends! We're taking a little break with all the holiday madness consuming the country, but we wanted to take a moment to wish a good one to you and yours, and let you know that we'll be back for more!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You dare mention that horrid game this close to my passing? Even now, my corpse spins in its grave, drilling its way closer to Hell.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Kyle mentioned it a few posts back, but come join us on the Discord if you feel like being social. We're on there pretty frequently, so you have plenty of opportunities to bullshit with your favorite Let's Play miscreants, or learn entirely too much about the depraved depths of the Sonic universe from The Ayshkerbundy!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Correction: we may be loving idiots.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Sincere thanks for the kind words. While it's frustrating to stay so low in views, we realize that our biggest obstacle is not really advertising our material outside of this forum. We do this show almost exclusively because we enjoy it, so we'll be back once Keith is anchored back in civilization. We pretty much had to stop because he's living and working in a national park, has no internet of his own, and couldn't reach a wi-fi connection because of a blizzard.

Right now we're working on a project we've had in our back pocket for a long time, and this seemed like the perfect time to push for something else, given that our tenuous production model failed. We'll have that out pretty soon, and we're starting to push out snippets from the previously Patreon-exclusive podcast.

Kyle and I have also toyed with the idea of streaming to help fill the gap, but that might consist mostly of me screaming furiously at Dark Souls. We'll have to put more thought into that option.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Just a heads-up, we haven't forgotten this mendacious enterprise. Life has attacked, and so we must recover for the betterment of the channel as a whole. I'll explain in video form shortly and address some other working of Trouble Planet as they stand in the moment. Thanks for your patience.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Are you looking on Podbean? 7 should be there now.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

If any of you are Discord users, you should join us on a server hosted by our friends from Instant Replay Live. We're honestly terrible about checking this forum, and we (as well as the solid community they've built) are far more active there. We regularly post our links and things, so you're still getting everything there that you would get here, plus more.

Click here to join!

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

As promised, here is the State of the Union video to explain a little bit of what's going on with the channel.

I'll shut up and let you get right to the point.

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

@Gimmick Account - I'll have to check on the tag thing. Kyle handles all of that, since he's the audio guy and his mania compels him to organize all our online material.

Also, Keith isn't gone for good, but it's just tougher than usual to organize things with him while his schedule is under the sway of an industry shaman tossing a handful of bones in some Hollywood yurt. He'll be back in the fold once he isn't constantly teetering on the brink of homelessness. Scuttlebutt for now has it that we may have another session in June, but don't take that as gospel just yet.

@Suspect Bucket - Thanks for the honest feedback. We've always just done this for fun, but we ultimately want to shape it into what you all like the most. Next time we are in contact with Keith, I will let him know that the tally stands at one person caring about what happens to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

Yo, nerds! Anyone still check this thing? Kyle and I are planning to stream some Dark Souls Remastered tonight at 9 PM Eastern. We're testing out the setup and such, so this one might not get a highlight reel for the YouTube just yet, but we encourage anyone who's interested to drop in and say hi.

Check that poo poo out tonight at 9 EDT!

• Locked thread