Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Ouch. Yeah, the main reason I requested that would have only been apparent after you finish the first level, when you continue chasing your girlfriend's kidnapper through time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Plus the weird handicap system seem to indicate that between evenly matched players, the winner is pretty much guaranteed to be whoever wins round 1, in three rounds.

I like the concept of the game, but it looks really rough.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

AMovieReference posted:

So I'll not be surprised when one of you mother fuckers have heard of this game.

I have it for Sega Saturn. :kiddo: Apparently Xing redesigned it to be even harder than the arcade version.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I just realized I want—no, need—to see you guys attempt the co-op mode in Tengen Tetris.

It's not an arcade game, but it is a NES port of the arcade version of Tetris, in case that meets your criteria.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
It is actually cooperative. Two players playing the same game of Tetris simultaneously. It's amazing and I have no idea why no other version of Tetris has included it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

AMovieReference posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2usX81tI_gk

Today we start off right! We force Nick to play another game that has wizards in it, since Magician Lord went so well.

This was also requested by Rollersnake. Thanks!

I guess... it's actually not obvious that Cadash is multiplayer if you're playing it with no foreknowledge. Wish I'd thought of that. :doh:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Glad you guys enjoyed that one. The Fighters History series gets a lot of poo poo for being a Street Fighter ripoff, yet people tend to overlook that it's a great ripoff, to the point that it feels like Street Fighter 2 with a completely new cast of characters.

Also instead of someone like Akuma for its super secret hidden boss, Karnov's Revenge has... an ox.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Oh, hey, if it's not too late to put in another request for the next session, you guys haven't done Star Sweep yet, have you? That'd be great if you're not sick of head-to-head puzzle games yet.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I guess if you had to run a nonsensical Batman joke into the ground, that bizarre acid trip of a Batman game was the perfect place to do it. Somehow that really worked.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
It seemed like you weren't far from figuring out how to deal with the clouds toward the end there—if you try to always leave some vertical blocks on top, you keep the clouds from stacking until you no longer have room to clear them. You should give it another try sometime, not for the show I mean. I promise it's really fun when you're not debilitatingly drunk!

(For whatever reason, this is one of the only games in which I've managed to attain that total muscle memory one-with-the-game state. I haven't played it in years, and I bet I'm still terrifyingly good at it, because it's just instinctual after a point.)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Haha, if there exists a version of MAME with online play that isn't totally worthless, I'd be up for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
With Hammerin' Harry you're now up to five games this season that I was thinking about requesting for next season. I'm going to have to dig deeper!

When you all eventually get tired of this and decide to move on, you should finish with The End.

Edit: I'm still catching up, but I wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much you guys enjoyed Arabian Fight. It plays kinda janky, but I can't help but love that game, because holy poo poo just look at it!

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 22, 2017

• Locked thread