Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Yeah, it's really stupid and it makes Rackham just about the worst pirate captain in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
To add to your point, you would think that there would be a seething, murderous resentment towards him from Blackbeard's crew even before this episode's events due to Jack's choking under pressure while in captaincy of Queen Anne's Revenge, placing his emotions and personal feelings above thoughts of his crew's best interests/survival and delivering all of Blackbeard's men up for execution by Rogers with his totally unnecessary and easily avoidable surrender of the Queen Anne's Revenge.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

CrazyLoon posted:

Welp, trust Israel Hands to be the voice in this latest ep for all the "Too much talking" people ITT lol.

He's the best part of this season

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Welcome to Black Sails. It's probably for the best this is the last season.

This season would've been so much better if Black Beard lived for a few more episodes and didn't have such a seemingly pointless arc and if Isreal Hands got to mercilessly gank more dudes in place of some of the sweaty facial hair dialogue, as one astute earlier poster put it

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Fauxshiz posted:

Well this episode was so boring that I imagine the next two will be the best ever.

I just skipped over all the Max subplot scenes and it was actually one of the better episodes from this back stretch of the season.

CrazyLoon posted:

Pretty much the main interest of it was the very end, setting up Skeleton island and Hands' odd choice of letting Flint haul the cash off the boat, but being happy to chase him down afterwards, rather than just let that poor sod they knifed earlier take the shot and take down Flint on the ship without him catching any flak for it. My guess is he'll happily kill Flint...but lmao if Silver thinks he'll let the cash be retrieved and not stash it someplace on that rock for later his own drat self.

So here's me hoping the last two eps deliver. I can forgive all the bullshit, Max' character essentially arriving at the exact same spot that she was at the start of Season 1 (that love matters more than ambition) and utterly wasting the audiences time for the sake of :shlick: ... I can forgive all the bullshit times people really should've been long since dead as a dodo...I can forgive all the writer self-inserts into side characters...

Just gimme a solid pirate story for the last two eps, and you're okay in my books, show.

Yeah, I've been waiting and wishing all season for the pirates to start acting like actual pirates instead of noble freedom fighters, and that we could get the much more fitting story of them trying to outwit, outscheme and outfight eachother in the effort of each of them trying to secure the treasure cache for their own personal ends instead of the "pirate war against unjust civilization and the founding of Free Independent Nassau" that's taken up most of this season.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
^^^^^ sorta related to your post, one of the things that's disappointed me the most since the pirate revolutionary war took over the overarching plot of the show, especially this season, is how it undermined the interesting philosophies, agency, motivations and basic ways of life of the lower tier pirate crew members that were established early on in the show, and also led to there no longer being any of the fun or informative scenes that would feature slices of everyday pirate life and colorful bit player crew members. Instead of pirates who held their leaders accountable if they felt they weren't acting in the best interest of the crew and their pursuit of easy plunder, we now have mindless, unquestioning drones blindly following the orders of commanders in a military campaign. It makes no sense in the context of the show either, when it's previously been established that a lot of the pirates took to the outlaw life mainly because they didn't want to be fodder for war. To summarize: more gently caress tents, less hospital tents, is the correct Black Sails formula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I don't know, if it's shown while Silver is telling his possibly false story to Madi, then it could just be part of his story. On the other hand we actually did see someone demanding to know if a certain prisoner was at a place at the beginning of the episode. And I just don't think Silver would kill Flint especially after Madi has already been rescued. I guess if Flint just refused to give up his war he might have to, but then we did see that scene at the prison early on, and that's the same story they gave Grandma Guthrie even though she wanted him dead. I feel like they left it up to interpretation but it seems to be leaning on the he lived side.

Yeah, there's no reason at all for Rackham to lie to Granny Guthrie in that conversation if Flint had indeed been killed, on the contrary, it could've had disastrous consequences for both him and those closest to him having told her that he had already reneged on one of the main agreements that their deal hinged on

• Locked thread