Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Good first episode.

I wonder though was it always in the plan for whatever ship got destroyed to be destroyed? I thought I read that one of their prop ships burned down last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Invalid Validation posted:

Hey you might get lucky, Starz shows tend to leak like all the cgi boats featured in the show.

I think this season's first episode leaked like at least one day early.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I actually fast forwarded through the parts in the last episode with only Max in it.

She just

talks

so

slow.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

life is killing me posted:

She's also an uninteresting, trifling, long-winded character with an inflated sense of self-importance and always seems to be trying to reach above her station in everything. She constantly over-estimates her importance to others as well, and then it blows up in her face when she finds out she's not as important to whomever as she thought she was.

She's fun to look at but damned if I don't think she should've been killed off early in the show because ugh. It's not the actress at all; she's good except for the accent. It's the character.

Yeah all of that too.

muscles like this! posted:

Nah, "Calico" Jack Rackham is one of the big pirates of the era. Remember, he was the one who actually stole the Urca gold.

Speaking of which, it was kind of funny how last week had that bit where they just hand waved away last season's subplot about the Spanish attacking the island if they didn't get the money back.

PlushCow posted:

Felt real worried for Anne Bonney, it was a good scene though. I didnt think Jack Rackham would actually just start choosing pirates to fight, seemed cold blooded to me but shows he has some iron in him.

Quoted both cause they're related. Jack might be a famous pirate now, but what about in the show though? I'm trying really hard to think of his accomplishments but I'm really not recalling anything. His claim to fame basically amounts to having been a pirate under Vane and on a "first name basis" with him so to speak, though I'm not really sure what his 'ranking' was among the crew. He stole some gold and then kind of ruled over(?) Nassau but I also remember he had a really hard time finding a crew. Blackbeard didn't seem to respect him as a pirate, just respected the fact that he was close to Vane. He certainly didn't respect his combat abilities.

I dunno, it just seems to me that the surviving crew really have no reason to follow or accept his leadership. I would have thought he would have been thrown overboard immediately. He was a captain, but he wasn't "their" captain. I'd bet that Blackbeard's crew had the utmost 100% loyalty and fanaticism towards Blackbeard himself and Jack picking someone to basically die for him doesn't seem like it would go well at all. Especially cause there was absolutely no hesitation on Jack's part. And then he did it again, and again, and again. I thought Jack lost the crew the moment he didn't stand up to fight (and die) for himself because that's what Blackbeard would have done, and his crew just watched Blackbeard literally refuse to die.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Yeah I'm not really sure why he did that, probably entirely for Anne though. Do you think Anne would have done the same? I mean yeah they care about each other but Anne's not stupid and even said in the last episode that the only ending for them would be a public hanging in London. If she knows that then I'd imagine either herself or Blackbeard, if they were the captain on board, would have chosen to blow their ship apart and save some of the crew (and live to rebuild) rather than getting them all captured and killed.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

Welp, trust Israel Hands to be the voice in this latest ep for all the "Too much talking" people ITT lol.

Also...thought they'd never get back around to it, but sure enough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WNaHuAHKFU. Whoever called the role reversal between Rogers and Flint in what comes next seems to have been on the money. And whatever the outcome, I'm p certain of one thing now - Rogers and Eleanor will lose it all by the end. Because with friends like these...

The Spanish anthem doesn't actually have any lyrics so I think you meant to link this one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tgC2kBCRu5o

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

PleasebeMaxpleasebeMaxpleasebeMax:pray:

On again I pressed the 30s skip twice on that scene she was talking to that one person Anne cause she's honestly just the god drat worse. I'm assuming/hoping I didn't miss anything of importance.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

You forgot to mention The Coat in that summary. Unless The Coat was introduced in season 2.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Is Skeleton Island == Treasure Island? (Never read that book).

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Dessel posted:

Well we certainly waited years for the unsheathing of that particular sword. drat.

Wait really? He's never used his katana before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

So that's it? It's over?

I'm gonna be that guy and say I was really disappointed in the finale. I was hoping to see a really cool pirate battle but nope that didn't happen. I was hoping to see a cool war that they've been building up. Nope that didn't happen. That entire plot about how rich assholes literally getting sent off "to a farm upstate" was incredibly dumb and seemed really forced. Why did they bother introducing a nice character in the last 10 minutes of the entire show? That seemed really loving stupid and should have been something they do if there was a next season.

All in all I started watching this show because it was about cool poo poo like pirates fighting and fruits and tits. This last episode and last season really didn't have much of that. I think they really missed out killing off Vane.

• Locked thread